Where's the best place to buy my New Detector?

pjroo3

Does anyone know of a good place to purchase a new detector. I've been using a White's Classic II and want to upgrade to the Minelab Sovereign GT. Just don't want to get ripped off.

Good Morning, well that's easy, if you want personal service from someone that will explain everything in detail and take all the time you need, go to Tony at TC Metal Detectors (tcmetaldetectors.com). I buy all my stuff from him and have never got a raw deal or anything close to it, in fact he will give you the best deal out there with the best info available. Tony is a real gentleman and will treat you as one also. nuff said!:spin:

Try Metaldetectors.com

I recieved a brand spanking new Tesoro in the Tesoro box sealed with Tesoro packing tape for less than I could find it otherwise. I am planning on another machine and will check them out again.

Also, the folks at Metaldetectors.com worked with me until I was happy. They were very consumer oriented and tried to please. Don't purchase a machine without checking them out. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a 6 or 7 time customer of Tony's (TCMetaldetectors.com), and have only the highest praise for him & his business practices. I will be buying a new water machine from him in the near future as well.

Not to be rude but...........getting a sealed tesoro means that the dealer took NO time to check it out before sending it along. Also , the "lowest" price IS the lowest price any dealer can sell it for so in essence we ALL sell them at the lowest price anywhere. Just wanted to clarify that.

Not to be rude but...........getting a sealed tesoro means that the dealer took NO time to check it out before sending it along. Also , the "lowest" price IS the lowest price any dealer can sell it for so in essence we ALL sell them at the lowest price anywhere. Just wanted to clarify that.

Hmmm. I wouldn't want a dealer to open my new machine. I want it sealed from the factory.

Unfortunately most all detectors are not "sealed" by the factory and the dealer would not be "opening" the detector just the box in many cases. Only Tesoro to my knowledge "seals" their detectors with a piece of tape on the flap of the box.
Lets say you get a "factory sealed" detector and there is something wrong with it. Do you want to send it back to the dealer and make them send you another one? What if the second one is the same way? By checking the detector out first , I insure that there is generally going to be no problems with the operation of the detector and thus avoid many of the problems that not checking one out may cause. In the past I have sent detecors without checking them and then the customer has done something to the detector only to send it back and ask why I didn't check it our first. I'm stuck replacing a "defective" unit that the customer damaged. If a customer requests that the detector be sealed in the box from the factory thats fine. They ususally pay extra for the free accessories since a second box is now required and the customer takes ALL responsability to send the detector back to the factory for service.
To me the dealer that does not check the detector first just wants the sale and not the customer loyalty that comes along with doing the little extras.

How often do you find defective new detectors?

I was a smalltime independent dealer in the 1980's, and I sold maybe $15,000 worth of machines while I was in the business, and I never encountered a bad one.

Now the only brands I handled were White's, Garrett, Tesoro, and Fisher. Which brands do you find defective from the factory?

Opening the box to add some accessories isn't as bad as unpacking the machine, putting the batteries in, and testing it. But to me, once the box is opened, the machine is used.

And too many customers, I'm afraid, would suspect they were getting a machine that had been returned by a previous customer. Whenever I offered to pretest detectors for my customers, they invariably wanted a never-opened box.

There are times where not all the parts are in the box or the detector does not work but I'd have to say it is a minimum amount of times. This can be any brand. My experience has been with the internet that no matter if you never get a bad unit the trouble that ensues is not worth it to the customer who just got the "bad" detector or to me and the cost of shipping back and forth. . Also, as I stated before , Only Tesoro to my knowledge tapes their detectors boxes and Whites requires that all White's dealers remove and send in the warranty card which is inside a sealed envelope. So the boxes are "open" no matter what and there is no way I know of that the customer could tell if it were or were not opened.
Don't forget it isn't only to protect the customer from receiving a bad unit , it also protects them from having someone say they received a defective one when they did the damage themselves.
If you never encountered a bad unit you were lucky. t today's sales volumes you are more likely to find a defective unit than back then.

White's was just beginning to require that the dealer send in the warranty card rather than the customer just about the time I left the business. I'd forgotten about that - thanks.

Don't forget it isn't only to protect the customer from receiving a bad unit , it also protects them from having someone say they received a defective one when they did the damage themselves.

But I'll bet those particular customers now swear to you it was broken when they received it, so you must have broken it?

Better double checked

Better a double-checked one than a non checked defective.

Cann't see any wrong in that.

Happy Hunting from the beginning...what else...:yes::D

Back
Top Bottom