Memorials galore, then a silver Washington...then a Walker!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Latest Nox hunt in the land of strange...

My hunt started off weird, I was hunting tiny areas of a small row of what used to be old homes.
All that was left was steps going up the steep embankment and dirt at the top which used to be tiny front lawns.
It has it all, old tyme square curbs, houses built in the 1800's now removed...all I found were a bunch of memorials.
It could have been hunted before but there were a lot of high conductors left so who knows, but I left disappointed.

Next was a tiny park I have been to a lot and where I had found a merc once, a war nickel too, but mostly I just pull clad from this place.
Hadn't been here with the Nox yet and I get in there and started finding...more memorials!
"Sigh."
Eventually other coins started to pop up, two spills of quarters and a few more, a couple of dimes and one nickel.
These were in areas I hunted before and I was surprised there was this much but the Nox seems pretty good at finding stuff in the strange conditions I hunt in.
All day long in both sites copper cents came in high around 30, up averaging I assume, although most quarters were still a normal 28-30.

I made my way over to a small corner of this park where I haven't spent a ton of time like I had in other areas.
Didn't think much about it, I was happy digging clad and I was just hoping to find a wheatie in this old park...then it happened.
Got another quarter signal and opened a hole, it was a bit deeper so I stuck my digger in behind the thing and under and flipped a bunch of dirt out of the hold and in that dirt I see the rim of a silver quarter.
Didn't expect that, I was happy.

photostudio_1557015613677.jpg

My day was a success, I was smiling and a storm was heading my way so I just hunted around that corner area for a little bit more before I called it a day.
A one silver day is pretty good for me.
Not long after I was up near a sidewalk and get another one of those quarter signals but a bit higher bouncing between 34-36.
Same deal, opened a plug, dug a little deeper and poured a bunch of dirt on the deck and in that dirt another rim of a silver coin looking back at me but this was a bigger rim.
My third ever Walker, arguably the best looking coin we ever produced.

photostudio_1557015497315.jpg

None of these coins was actually all that deep and I am sure this park has been hunted to death since detectors were invented but these two silver coins were still here.
I got mad masking issues around here so I am just going to assume there is more silver in that area.
Neither were perfect signals but I have trained myself to notice certain not really obvious high tone behavior and even though sometimes it is rusty iron most of the time I find a coin for my troubles.
I would say maybe 70% of the coins in the pic below were these kind of signals and it took me awhile to figure out what to look for but it seems there are a lot of really hidden coins around here and the Nox is pretty good at sensing them...so far.

photostudio_1557016504924.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the big silver and a very productive hunt. I hunt with the Equinox and more often that not it wants to show 30 and higher on wheats and memorials. It can be frustrating. Good luck Mark

Congrats on the big silver and a very productive hunt. I hunt with the Equinox and more often that not it wants to show 30 and higher on wheats and memorials. It can be frustrating. Good luck Mark

Thanks.
Around here it can be right on in the numbers or sometimes it can be way off...usually high on the deeper ones.
My ground has ridiculous amounts of extra iron and my F70 up averages all the time, too, so I am used to it.
For me the screen is helpful but most digging decisions are made after listening to the tones closely.

A very nice hunt indeed Dave. Congrats on the Silver GW and the beautiful Walker along with a very nice clad take. Hope this type of hunt repeats for you many times in the future. Trapper

That walker is a beautiful coin!

I agree!

A very nice hunt indeed Dave. Congrats on the Silver GW and the beautiful Walker along with a very nice clad take. Hope this type of hunt repeats for you many times in the future. Trapper

Thanks man...silver is rare around here so a two silver day is special.
Nice that neither was a dime.

Congrats on the silvers Digger, the Walker is a beauty.

Thank yew!

Congrats on the two silver day! It's always a thrill pulling the bigger silver coins out of the ground! As for me, I got skunked today on silver, but did manage 2 wheaties.

Congrats on the two silver day! It's always a thrill pulling the bigger silver coins out of the ground! As for me, I got skunked today on silver, but did manage 2 wheaties.

It was fun.
Dimes and war nickels are our most usual silver finds, once in awhile a quarter pops up and very rarely bigger silver coins can surface.
Sure fun when it happens!

Nice finds. Those quarters are the big coins, and were still hiding until you located and dug. Bet there’s are more there, even dimes too silver.

Thanks for sharing.

Alright D27! Its been a lot of fun and informative watching you conquer Vulcan's Devil Dirt! It appears you have a weapon, you studied the situation, looks like you got this! :friends::beers:

Back
Top Bottom