Spell check police??

I've always wondered if somebody spell checked the Rosetta Stone, or Egyptian Hieroglyphics? That would be a major bummer to chisel stone and get something wrong! Have to start all over on a 10 ton rock for a damned little missing comma?!! I bet even the modern Tomb stone guys can relate to that! :laughing:
The one who carved this stone was guilty of poor planning so he just kept on going...it all came out in the end:laughing:

Attachments

• DSCN1157.jpg
    DSCN1157.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 111
I cannot believe I did not see this thread earlier!

Many of you know how I feel about spelling, grammar and improper use of words.

I actually called out our VP at work about his use of the word angst:mad:
Since I know a lot of the German language, I had a nice conversation with him about the fact that it is not a verb, and he should not say "angsting"...

A couple years ago I left the forum for a while due to a clash over my being so "anal" for calling someone out, those were dark times.

I do not call attention to mistakes to make myself feel better, I honestly hope that it makes us all better when we use words properly.

I have never used spellcheck in my life, it just takes a few extra seconds to proofread something people.

It is unfortunate that our society does not care how to use words: with the most egregious offense being their, there or they're - just plain lazy.

Thanks for reading my rant:police:

Even Jeopardy's unofficial rule has always been that your Final Jeopardy answer doesn’t have to be spelled right, but it has to be the same phonetically as the right answer.
ex:
Emansipation or Emancipation or Immancipation would all of been acceptable.

case resolved.. we are talking Jeopardy right? :laughing:

I cannot believe I did not see this thread earlier!

Many of you know how I feel about spelling, grammar and improper use of words.

I actually called out our VP at work about his use of the word angst:mad:
Since I know a lot of the German language, I had a nice conversation with him about the fact that it is not a verb, and he should not say "angsting"...

A couple years ago I left the forum for a while due to a clash over my being so "anal" for calling someone out, those were dark times.

I do not call attention to mistakes to make myself feel better, I honestly hope that it makes us all better when we use words properly.

I have never used spellcheck in my life, it just takes a few extra seconds to proofread something people.

It is unfortunate that our society does not care how to use words: with the most egregious offense being their, there or they're - just plain lazy.

Thanks for reading my rant:police:

I think we all have certain things that drive us crazy. It drives me crazy to hear ice crunched, or chewing gum smacked and popped. My wife and daughter do it on purpose. It runs my blood pressure through the roof. :mad::mad:

Guys you are going to always have the, I am better than you are people...correcting everything about someone else, except themselves.. they can all kiss my butt. I have nothing for these types of folks.. At 6'7" 250 lbs correct me in person, if you can. :D

Guys you are going to always have the, I am better than you are people...correcting everything about someone else, except themselves.. they can all kiss my butt. I have nothing for these types of folks.. At 6'7" 250 lbs correct me in person, if you can. :D

:laughing::laughing: No thank you!!! At 5'11 190lbs I will take my chances with the yes Sir-no Sir method with you my friend!!! :laughing:

Lol. I guess my sarcasm was lost over translation to written format. Still seems I should hire you for some lessons, as they seem much needed for me.

Been there, done that. :laughing: GOT A NEW JOB! :)

Seriously... Grading papers is now 16 years in my past. Good riddance!

btw, thanks for taking the poking with a grain of salt. I was just having some fun. :)

There's a few parks in a shady part of town I've been interested in detecting but always feel like I have to look over my shoulder so I stay away. Are you free some weekend and willing to take a trip to SW Ohio? :D

I don't think it is very nice to call out someone who makes spelling mistakes, some folks may have trouble in that area. So, if someone takes the time to take pic's of their finds so we all can see them congrat's to them if nothing else. But to just post on their thread that the spelling is wrong may hurt feeling's. Just saying.:roll:

It can be seen as a sign of sheer laziness. There is a spell checker. All of those words with red squiggles under them are not spelled correctly.

I don't think it is very nice to call out someone who makes spelling mistakes, some folks may have trouble in that area. So, if someone takes the time to take pic's of their finds so we all can see them congrat's to them if nothing else. But to just post on their thread that the spelling is wrong may hurt feeling's. Just saying.:roll:

Tell me you did that intentionally.

My problem is that I am extremely educated but my typing skills just cant keep up with my amazing brain.

I just noticed that my title grammar police is gone!!!!
WTH??

I feel much safer knowing your here, my friend (whew).

By the way if your paragraphs are not indented, you should have a line space prior to starting a new paragraph.

I.e.

I just noticed that my title grammar police is gone!!!!

WTH??

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom