What's the most frustrating thing to dig?

I guess I have a little different take. I dig a lot of the trash like everyone is posting, but that is just a part of this hobbie. I get really frustrated when I dig a good coin and notice that I nick it. After digging all the junk I manage to screw up a good find. I don't hit them very often any more but when I do.

Mine are those small angled octagon fasteners that are used on old roofs (I think). Those things can be found on most old home sites and sound just like silver. Digging hoping for something nice then boom....a little stop sign and no shiny.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Large Cents and Colonial Copper. I dig so many of these things, I am running our of storage space, and I fear a possible floor collapse. I don't know how many oil drums I have filled with the damn things, but they come out of the ground so often, I PRAY for zincolns and pull tabs. amirite Tom?

Wads of aluminium foil, especially if they are slightly rotted. Sometimes they are hard to spot.

Beaver tabs.....most frustrating and satisfying at the same time. If a site give me lots of them, I know it has been cherry picked.

I hate it when you get a permission at an old house that you can tell has been re-sided with aluminum or steel siding. Please contractors, clean up your mess, don't just throw it in the grass. :(

Back
Top Bottom