Equinox 6 on the way , were is the 15 ?

Havent heard yet. Let me know how it works. Hoping someone gets me one for Christmas. Might want to buy a spare rod since a couple friends already snapped the lower rods with the stock coil.

Itsaring

Going to try the 6 at the surf line, a small coil but will take a beating without breaking . ya your wright , hopefully by Christmas :roll::laughing:

My dealer here in Australia said he has 20 of the 15" coils on order.

He said he expects them by the end of the month & will phone me when they arrive!

I was told i wouldnt get one until Dec or Jan. BUT.... word of warning..... best get a sturdy shaft and especially cuff if you plan on using it in the water.

Instead of making just a lower shaft section, somebody should make a one piece CF shaft that simply pops onto the upper junction by the brain box?...so you got the lower and middle shaft all in one piece?

That lower camlock knuckle is a weak point and just silts up to be damned anyway....:?: Thoughts?

Well, it wont be length adjustable, but in the water, or slinging wide open sand, who cares? I pop rivet my lower shafts in place, and swap out at the top knuckle anyway....so thats the idea...

Instead of making just a lower shaft section, somebody should make a one piece CF shaft that simply pops onto the upper junction by the brain box?...so you got the lower and middle shaft all in one piece?

That lower camlock knuckle is a weak point and just silts up to be damned anyway....:?: Thoughts?

Well, it wont be length adjustable, but in the water, or slinging wide open sand, who cares? I pop rivet my lower shafts in place, and swap out at the top knuckle anyway....so thats the idea...
Agreed - Once you set up a detector for your own length it never gets adjusted again.

Just courious if anyone has herd anything on the arrival .

A European festival showed pics of the 15" coils and a dealer in Germany/Austria just posted they received "one". Seems like that would mean we are getting closer to seeing them in the states.

Since the Equinox came out and is deemed to be a success I have noticed an uptick in sales of Sovereigns and better pricing. Interesting, as I once considered one, but after the 'Nox came out and I got it, I don't see the need for one anymore. Once the 15" coil is out then there really will be less demand for the Sovereign line on the resale market and prices will continue to go down.

Since the Equinox came out and is deemed to be a success I have noticed an uptick in sales of Sovereigns and better pricing. Interesting, as I once considered one, but after the 'Nox came out and I got it, I don't see the need for one anymore. Once the 15" coil is out then there really will be less demand for the Sovereign line on the resale market and prices will continue to go down.

Agreed..the overall decedent factor regarding the NOX800 for me......Is its Gold Chain finding capability...thats where the money is! Gold Chains! Who wants to diddle around pulling a 2gr 10K rings at a foot, in lieu of not hearing a peep from a massive 70gr 14k Figaro yellow or 18k white gold Cuban right on the deck!?

The 15DD" coil would certainly be a benefit on the NOX...From NEL or somebody....We all know theres Gold chains out there that have seen a coil overhead a time or two...never gave one little peep...

Mud , Felix, David, Dew

Mud even Plugger CF shaft for the Nox -the lower stock rod is used , however a better lock down is used , agree Felix , i have a cherry GT with extra's that never sold now collecting dust, thanks David been waiting along time for the 15 , what's a little longer , Dew there is a guy on here , i am sure you have seen this making CF lower rod's available soon so he said , wonder if it would be a good addition to accommodate the Plugger CF shaft for water hunting, as long as he keep's the price down, the 6 should be here tomorrow , very small compared to the Excalibur 8 , but i will give it a short spin in knee deep , and the wash , i am sure it will take more pounding wave action a lot more- than worrying about - the 11 snapping at the ear's, the ruff is very harsh here , i will see , to bad ML doesn't make a tornado 8 for the NOX , and CTX3030, for less drag, Earl

SM..... Steve does make a one piece shaft. But I’ve had no problem with the Andersons 2 piece which has a 28”lower shaft. So you have a lot more inside with no movement

Just courious if anyone has herd anything on the arrival .

You are not going to find anything more that your stock coil finds now Earl... you got to put the time in to find the good stuff... reading a beach doesn't hurt either..

I heard it offers more coverage. Being elliptical there would be no depth increase. If that is the case i will pass. By the way I too have a Soveriegn that did not sell. It will still make good use of itself in the dry sand where the Equinox can't tell a bottle cap from hub cap.

Good luck Earl, I used the 5.5 Sunray on the excalibur a few times in OC MD. Just too small and the coverage is just not enough, like swinging a hockey puck. I to hunted right down where the shells are, in the rough at the bottom of the slope. NE winds are starting to kick in so hope it cuts out some good spots for you.

Obn

Ya i figured that, the coil was cheap, it will have some purpose on land , heavy iron, side walk strip's , school yards, i know it's small, however in that spot were the water breaks on shore below the low tide line, i think it might have a edge over the 11 coil , not depth wise , but holding up to pounding surf, i will give it a try, as far as the 15 inch, my DF is down, the battery connector broke again, 1970s technology :roll: Whites still uses the same battery connector and box in the DF, as in my 1976 coin master :roll::lol: , Craig you are correct won't find anymore than the stock, but i know it won't break under a pounding at the surf line, Earl PS Everyone doesn't live in CT were there isn't much tide , or wave action :lol: Stink mud, you need a trip to the white sand beaches :laughing:

Couple of problems I can think of right off the bat . Usps can only mail a certain length. A good portion of people either dont have the skill or cant be bothered to setup the correct lengths and align everything accordingly

i have the 6 inch its great in iron infested lawns and i called a local dealer today about the 12x15 and he told me he has 3 on the way so hopefully soon ill have mine:D

Steve the problem with a two piece up that high is using the original upper ..... its aluminum that blisters over time and there is only about 4" before you hit the nipple holding the handle. Just not enough distance to control movement. So if you get any...... its going to feel like a lot. My thing is use the ML travel coil for travel. Most of us complained about ML not offering a travel shaft...... now they dont offer a straight two piece :lol: Either way we end up buying from after market.

I agree Joe...... i looked at the depth the 3 coils offered and sensitivity. The 6" looked really good on both...... but if you slowed down and hunter right...... it would take a lot more time.... time maybe wasted vs out come.

Back
Top Bottom