Anderson CF detector shafts for the NOX !!!!

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
Well this didn't take long.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
8ddbe4def06eccdb1c68717548901270.jpg

We

Know you will test them out 1st for us Dave :laughing: Your the man :yes::D PS I will be interested if the cam lock is a better grade, i think Itsaring has a complaint on the stock cam, i personally have had no problems , Earl

Shoot, I'm a loyalist. I gotta check with Steve first... he's the man when it comes to CF. Only problem is I need a side gig shoveling snow to make some extra loot.,.and there aint' no snow in Florida, lol..... :laughing:

Shoot, I'm a loyalist. I gotta check with Steve first... he's the man when it comes to CF. Only problem is I need a side gig shoveling snow to make some extra loot.,.and there aint' no snow in Florida, lol..... :laughing:

No time for it Dave... I will be making a thread on the weekend on how to make a skinny shaft using stock parts though... just finished 1 for an excal and my tdi. Simple, cheap, and easy to make

I doubt Dave will.....unless hes one of the testers.... like me.:D But.... what is there to test on an Andersons shaft? They do it right. Most of their shafts are overly designed from cuff to lower shaft.... and the CF seems to be lighter as does the cuff... which is built for a bit more torque with the bolt thru the side. By time you get done building one from the grown up yourself you can almost pay for one....... and you dont end up with the hole all out of whack... or find out the ID or OD is off. No ive never dont that.:roll:

The Sovereign cuff is still the most comfortable cuff I have ever used. It should be the prototype for any detector or shaft company.

I doubt Dave will.....unless hes one of the testers.... like me.:D But.... what is there to test on an Andersons shaft? They do it right. Most of their shafts are overly designed from cuff to lower shaft.... and the CF seems to be lighter as does the cuff... which is built for a bit more torque with the bolt thru the side. By time you get done building one from the grown up yourself you can almost pay for one....... and you dont end up with the hole all out of whack... or find out the ID or OD is off. No ive never dont that.:roll:

Not many people realize how hard it is to actually get the holes aligned correctly. Once someone tries it they won't likely do it a 2nd time. Unless the guy down the road has the proper machinery.
The skinny shaft is designed for older people or people with disabilities... it doesn't mean others can't use it, but that's who it was invented for. At zero profit. I hope you can see the benifits others might reap from this.... 1 day we will both be in our 70s and hoping something like the skinny shaft came along.
These aren't for sale... and I haven't even seen the nox shaft. Although it can be easily adapted for any detector/shaft except the ctx or atx that I'm aware of.
When I have time I'll make a thread in how to make 1... if the person is able to,drill a hole or 2 correctly

PS I will be interested if the cam lock is a better grade, i think Itsaring has a complaint on the stock cam

Anderson doesn't use camlocks. They use a set screw. I actually have an Anderson one i will be using on my own shaft mod. Really though all you need is a Whites cuff and Plugger connector for the lower rod. The holes you take your time and lay it out correctly with some tape and draw small dots. Then just use windex when drilling the carbon fiber. Smallest drill bit possible first. Likely gonna be one of Andersons biggest profit makers since the shaft is so easy to make. if its custom made for yourself you only have to drill a few holes.

Edit....Forgot to add. ML sort of got smart and made the lower rod a tad thicker and the coil connector a tad smaller than an Excalibur. Hack on this is if you got a spare Excalibur rod in a spare carbon fiberAnderson/plugger Excalibur rod. All you got to do is omit the handle and sand down the connector on the lower rod connector. In like Flint!

Last edited:
And therein lies the secret - the proper tool for the given task!
A hand held drill is no substitute for a drill press or makeshift lathe.
A hand held saw is no substitute for an electric double-bevel miter saw.
AND of course the expertise, trial and error, knowledge of materials etc. is not something many of we detectorist possess.

Thanks for your support of our hobby. I an't wait to see the results and the skinny - yes I AM over 70!

The Sovereign cuff is still the most comfortable cuff I have ever used. It should be the prototype for any detector or shaft company.

I did a mod with one I still use. Main problem is the snaps rust together in a week and you wont ever remove the Velcro, The snaps break off.

Yes I agree, here is mine now. I had a spare sovereign cuff .. it's much more comfier now!

Attachments

• DSC00287.jpg
    DSC00287.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 289
I use these things...they are laying around all over the place...Plus, I get rid of camlocks and either pop rivet or epoxy shafts in place...

Attachments

• blues-1.jpg
    blues-1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 275
I use these things...they are laying around all over the place...Plus, I get rid of camlocks and either pop rivet or epoxy shafts in place...

Epoxy is ideal if you never need to take it apart.. most of those "lowerlocks" are nothing more than camera tripod locks from china anyway ($0.50)

Epoxy..... give it a week in the water, dont clean it and you dont have to worry about taking it apart lol. Some of us obviously have a few more skill than others.

Back
Top Bottom