American Digger Article

duggap

Elite Member
Back in 2016 I mentioned that Charles Harris and I had co-authored an article about the time we found 75 pocket watches. For various reasons, all of which are not known by me, the article never got published. But Charlie advised me this week that it is coming in one of the next few issues. So if you haven't signed up for American Digger Magazine, be sure to do so. And I hope you like the article.

75 pocket watches at once? Holy cow, was it an old jewelry store? I just picked up 6 copies of the July issue, they are running the story on the two silver rosettes that I found a few months back that were hammered from two large silver coins during the WW1 Battle of Chateau Thierry and engraved with his name/rank on them. Haven't gotten to read the story yet myself but they're on the cover.

Attachments

• AmericanDiggerMag.jpg
    AmericanDiggerMag.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 1,520
I talked with Charlie at the Chattanooga show yesterday and he said our article is coming out in the next issue.

Back in 2016 I mentioned that Charles Harris and I had co-authored an article about the time we found 75 pocket watches. For various reasons, all of which are not known by me, the article never got published. But Charlie advised me this week that it is coming in one of the next few issues. So if you haven't signed up for American Digger Magazine, be sure to do so. And I hope you like the article.

Would you be so kind as to send me autographed copy?
This has got to be a bucket lister for you?

Congratulations!!!!!

I'm afraid they only send me one copy, and that's the one I paid for. I can assure you that my signature is not worth the price of postage. But we did have a blast finding the pocket watches. To get out of the creek we had to climb a steep bank and I nearly didn't make it with the weight of the watches.

75 pocket watches is quite a haul. I have found 3 but the last one was a real surprise. Thought I was chasing a penny but it was about 14 inches deep. When I pulled it out I was disappointed because I thought it was a big washer or something.

Until I turned it over.

I saw a watch face and what appeared to be jewels. I wrapped it up and drove to a local museum. The director took it and cleaned it and came out and said the hour markets were slices of emeralds that were outlined with gold and the minute marks were tiny dots of gold.

Somebody probably buried it. Who knows why.

Attachments

• 1A16C602-66F8-4D60-BFA8-2B1F8624324D.jpg
    1A16C602-66F8-4D60-BFA8-2B1F8624324D.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,185
Once the article has been published how about giving some information about the find to those of us who do not subscribe to any magazines.

Back
Top Bottom