Highlights of a couple days

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Been trying to find silver and gold, and things of old. Success on all counts! Saturday I hunted hard, and got one war nickel, a sterling chain, a 1927 buffalo nickel, a couple wheats, the Crystal White laundry soap cake token, the girl scout pin, and a Presidential Academic Fitness Award pin. Some clad too, but not a great amount. Also dug an old pulley and an old logging chain hook, and a couple other big scraps. Fun!
Then this evening, I found no silver, but a "Good Luck" badge showed up! A few minutes later the good luck came in the form of a plain band 10K ring!! Anyone know that maker's mark?
Of course there were a few other junk jewelry bits, an aluminum ring, shell casings, a little lead and copper, and gobs of trash too.
32FTY and counting. :yes:

Here are some highlights:

Attachments

• DSCN1614.jpg
    DSCN1614.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCN1612.jpg
    DSCN1612.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 423
  • DSCN1613.jpg
    DSCN1613.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 396
  • DSCN1618.jpg
    DSCN1618.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 382
  • DSCN1617.jpg
    DSCN1617.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 377
Like the soap token & buffalo, nice finds.:cool3:
Yeah, a lot of low value digs, like that token and buffalo nickel are my "prized possessions". Thank you.

Nothings says it better than gold...with silvers...and all the rest...congrats!
Thank you. The gold really made me a happy 'labber. It was a steady 12 on the 'nox. Read just like a nickel at 5 or 6 inches, but it was in the end of my plug, at about 4 inches.

Nice variety there! Im sure you know those good luck tokens came from vending machines where you could stamp whatever phrase you wanted on them. Lots of them are not family friendly. :lol:

The person who made yours needs some spelling lessons. :laughing:

Congrats on some fine hunting!!! You tore it up your last few hunts!!!
Thanks! Heck yeah! I'm on 'em! :mder:

Nice variety there! Im sure you know those good luck tokens came from vending machines where you could stamp whatever phrase you wanted on them. Lots of them are not family friendly. :lol:

The person who made yours needs some spelling lessons. :laughing:

Hahaha! Maybe they were paying by the letter, and just ran out of coins. :laughing: Otherwise::?:
Thanks!

I found that very same token today ! Nothing else, Just the token. Life can be weird !!!

Some very nice recoveries Blaise. Congrats on the Gold, the Silver War Nickel along with the Sterling and all the rest. Trapper
Thanks Trapps. I find myself silver hunting, gold hunting, clad hunting, and relic hunting all at the same time. Some places are good for that.

I found that very same token today ! Nothing else, Just the token. Life can be weird !!!

P.S. it even has the lawnmower cuts :laughing::laughing::laughing:

You found a good luck token like that, with lawnmower cuts too? No way. Pics or it didn't happen...:laughing:

Congrats on your cool finds and pictures .The nickels held up really well .
Thank you! Yes, both nickels are in decent shape. I scrubbed the buffalo with 0000 fine steel wool under running water to get it looking nice.

Really nice haul, congrats!
Thank you! Today I was reminded, again, that silver and gold, and cool old stuff don't show up in every hunt. So, I cherish when it does happen! :D

Back
Top Bottom