• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

gator digger NOW FIXED. not a straw digger anymore

dfxing virginia

Elite Member
just moved back to virginia....ready to hit some s
so i understand that the weld is not the best but hey its been awhile and my neighbor just bought a welder so i decided to use it so my digger was better then a straw. what i did was just ran a couple beads down the back side of the digger cause every time i tried to pull a plug with it the dang thing it would bend. well we got to drinking then this was the result. i think ill get to the grinder and do a bead sober:lol::lol:. maybe it will look better. but for now the digger is solid and dosent bend.....even with a 6 inch plug this thing picks it right out of the ground. like i said........ill fix it. been 4 years since i used a welder. :lol::lol:

11 looks and no replys maybe the weld is really bad. but hell it works sorry it does not look pro fes inal im happy with it and ill show yall me digs tomarrow i bet you will comment on those lol

Attachments

• DSC00749.jpg
    DSC00749.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,617
  • DSC00750.jpg
    DSC00750.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,528
LOL as long as it works man, that's all that matters. Good going :)

hahahahahahaha a reply lol. thanks man this thing bent like crazy when i used it and now its fixed thought someone would like to know a crappy bead would fix it virses buying a $50.00 leshe digger.

even though i still plan on buying one with my new pinpointer that im saving up for. lol

Man that thing looks cool as hell. You know that movie aliens, and how the aliens skin is all cool like that, well if the alien had to own a knife that would be the one. It has a cool dangerous look to it, like it would chop you up real bad. LOL Hey man we are the only ones that appreciate our own mods. No one else understands the blood, sweat and tears that we put into our mods. If no one else comments on you mod then threaten them with the knife, that will motivate them, I would be afraid to get cut with it and get lock jaw. Hey man I like it.

When I first saw the pic I thought it was something you found. :shock: I was wondering if those diggers were any good. Sounds like you have used it for a long time. It will be covered in mud and dirt soon anyway. Dig on!

When I first saw the pic I thought it was something you found. :shock: I was wondering if those diggers were any good. Sounds like you have used it for a long time. It will be covered in mud and dirt soon anyway. Dig on!

it was alright till the first time it bent then it just kept bending, so if you end up getting one and have a welder handy i would reccamend that you just go ahead and weld the back first thing.

As stated

already, if it works it doesn't matter. Right? Besides if you really want to you can grind it down like you said. I would rather make it or fix it than buy it. Just me and my do-it-yourself attitude.

The thing is tough and rugged now, and digs like a champ... can't ask for more than that. WTG bro!

I think it looks awesome like that! It has a primitive artistic look. If I saw one like that on the shelf next to a normal looking one, I would go for yours. Very sweet!

Cool, now I know how to fix mine! I have two, one bent, and one didn't, because I haven't used it!:crackup:

Attachments

• IMG_5007.jpg
    IMG_5007.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,191
I like solid straight line diggers like my old 3-in-1 knife. I don't think I could bend it by putting it in a vise and hitting it with a hammer. I've dug through gravel, rocks and bricks in the almost 30 years I've had it. It just get's a little shorter from sharpening a couple times a year. I think the new one's are different. My blade goes through the full length of the handle.
KF1.gif
It has a wooden handle that I coated with liquid rubber.

The difference of steel between Gator and Lesche is the Lesche is tempered steel. Tempered will chip or break before it bends, so by you sinking all that heat into your Gator, you semi-tempered it and by running the welder hot it blew out a cool design. I like it! Primitive looking:cool12: I gotta ask, did you use an arc welder? I have only used arc a couple of times myself. Not good:no2:

Back
Top Bottom