Hey headphone manufacturers

choppadude

Forum Supporter
How about putting a mute button on headphones!
I know what I like most about my SunRay Pro golds is the 3 way switch in the front. When I am digging a target I put the switch in the mid position to mute it so I can hear my pin pointer. When I switch over to my Deus I have the MI6 that automatically switches over to pin point only audio.
BUT when I run the Impact wireless set up or the Equinox wireless headphones I don't have that choice. It would be so nice just to have one button to mute the headphones. This would also come in handy when you are using it for music and want to mute it to have a conversation.
Seems it would be as easy as putting an on/off bouton on the ground side of the audio circuit.

My Killer B's have a switch on the side of one of the cups...this is to switch between different detector manufacturers.
On one position they work with certain makes and models, on the other position they should work with the rest that won't work on the first position.
In essence this does exactly what you are asking for, switch to the other position from the one you use and it mutes the phones completely.
It does come in very handy in sites with noise and chatter for sure.

You must be referring to those sets of headphones made by youtube heroes:lol: Headphones that were designed for detecting usually have a switch or knob that will mute the sound when flipped or turned...

With the continued success of Bluetooth and low latency working well in our hobby I believe any future detector release better have the option. No more detector specific money making schemes. Up until recently headphones made by companies like Detecctor Pro were a priority purchase. Now those wired, heat retaining , ear crushing headphones are yesterday's news. And it happened quickly. Well at least for Equinox users. Amazon has pages of choices from full over the ear to ear buds. All very much cheaper than what the old G Ghosts sold for. The old saying of The Equinox making other detectors obsolete may be a stretch, but in my opinion it sure made many detector specific headphones obsolete. We need to stick together on this this and demand the feature on all future releases. If you want a mute switch fine with me.....But it better be on the side of wireless low latency that will work with all future detectors. Water Headphones? As they said in Conan....That is another story.

Oh and to all detector companies out there......You can stop including those cheap wired headphones with your detector packages. Nobody uses them. Give me something practicle like a spare lower rod and coil bolt.

Oh and to all detector companies out there......You can stop including those cheap wired headphones with your detector packages. Nobody uses them. Give me something practicle like a spare lower rod and coil bolt.[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more!

That would be easy with the excalibur if you had the remote PP switch. A Idea that passes thru my mind every time I am digging a target and set my coil to the side on the sandy bottom and the detector screams from another target...:wow2:

The Black Widows I use with my Impact have a compatibility switch on the side.

I flip the switch, and they're muted.

The Black Widows block outside noise so well, that I have to mute them to hear my pinpointer.

Agree 100%! This above all is an Audio Primary Sport! Yeah...I am just getting used to the wireless phones I got with the NOX...and Yeah, I'm liking this very much bigly...A guy has to have the right and proper phones that are supremely comfortable and easy...theres a niche here for somebody to capitalize on...

I have a new set of the Minelab branded wireless headphones so I may take my Miccus SR 71 Stealth wireless headphones (same exact one as the Minelabs) and try to install a mute button on them.

Back
Top Bottom