Best detector for the money HELP!

At pro is hands down the best value for any detector in any price category. It has a lot of features for the price much more than machines costing much more.

Great post! Even if you have to go used to fit your budget it would be a great choice. The iron audio, waterproof and DD coil are HARD to beat!

Holler if you have any questions, love to help you! Bart

You can't beat a Tesoro Vaquero for that price. Easy to use, and goes deeper than the AT. (in my opinion anyways:D) Also, like Hotel said, a Compadre would save you money for Accessories etc. You could also put aside extra money for a better (ahem) MORE expensive machine. (why does everybody think more expensive, means more stuff?:?: )Like an e-Trac. Or V3i.

Wow

Even though I just upgraded to an Etrac, my At Pro was a great detector for the price and found me lots of silver.

Jamflicker, How in the Heck do you find so many coins, I was checking out your tally at the bottom of your posts, for someone like me who is just getting into the hobby it just blows my mind

Thank you all for getting back with me about my equipment question,
seems like the AT Pro was a well liked machine but just like any other tool a person uses there are many personal favorites.

I live in Wichita Kansas and had the opportunity last summer to barrow a detector from a friend,(He has moved) he had a few detectors and he let me use a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II that belonged to his son. I WAS HOOKED

After I was hooked I started watching tons of hunts on YouTube, I had a great time just watching others find coins and relics and junk.

I would like some tips from anyone in the area where to look for older coins in the Wichita area.

Thanks!

I was just like you. I wish I would have started with a Whites M6 instead of the cheaper machines! Awesome for coinshooting ang jewelry, and easy to use. You can find a used one in that price range. I used one for three years befor graduating to the etrac.

AT-Pro over, and over again! THE most versatile in its price range. Even if you don't water hunt, the ability to hunt in the rain with no worries....priceless!

Its like talking to a realtor...never tell them what your willing to spend, they always advice on something that costs more, everyone will say the at pro including me, but you buy that then the gpp then the lesche, then the knee pads, then the sand scoop, then the shovel, then the pouch, then etc, etc, etc, pretty soon your $450 limit is $1100 and rising...id say get a garrett 250 and a propointer, cos no matter what detector you get the propointer will be good to go, then a decent digger, the lesche is seen as about the best but a tough digger will do, and get a pouch but get some knee pads.

Keep it real and you might just find you want to upgrade later the detectors sell for not too far from their new prices if you dont beat the snot out of them and you have got the best thing and most valuable thing you can get...experience

Personally, having detected with and without a pro pointer, I'd say the only things more important to have are your main detector, batteries, and something to dig with.

If the incidentals need to come out of your target budget, you'll have about $300 for your main detector.

That'll get you a used Tesoro Deleon. It's a nice machine that works well, but it doesn't have a volume control, so you're going to need headphones with a volume control or hearing protectors. :shock:

A detector someone mentioned last week in that range is the Bounty Hunter Platinum. It's available new for $300, and it's reputed to be a Teknetics Gama with a name transplant. I have no experience with it, but I suspect it's going to be a bang for the buck champ in that price range.

Hello from Wichita! I started Metal Detecting last fall, I had around the same amount of dollars to spend and I chose to go with the AT Pro from Big Boy Hobbies. I have enjoyed using the machine and feel confident in my equipment when using it. I am sure there are plenty of others who could school me on lesser equipment. Anyways I enjoy the hobby more than the detector, it has been a great way to enjoy the outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom