Need expirenced Metal detectors input on buy my first detector

mattyshore

Pending Member
I am just getting interested in Metal Dectecting as a hobby. I have been looking at several models of dectectors and have come down to two that I am interested in purchasing as my first metal detector. I have been looking at the Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and the Fisher F2. They both seem to look the same but the Fisher seems to cost a bit more but seems to be a quality machine. I have been looking at the Discovery 2200 for many weeks and only just started to look at the F2. As I am new to metal detecting I dont really know a lot. I do know I will be hunting in all sorts of terrain. I live near the beach and near historical areas of my town. I will also be taking trips out west to Arizona to see family and thought about checking their land for any placer gold. Is one of these machines better than the other? Are they good for someone who is planning on using them in the terrain I mentioned? I appreciate all the help Im just axnious as I want to be able to go metal detecting on the beaches since they have not been fixed up since Hurricane Sandy.

Welcome!

I'd suggest the F2 over the BH. There are better deals out there and your resale might stay higher on the F2 if you decide MDing isn't for you. It happens...

On my MD's I like to have available a DD coil and a Sniper coil, the 11 in DD and a 4 to 5 in Sniper...

Good Luck!

Don't even hesitate.
The F2. It is a fine detector. I think you will be very pleased.

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your input. It really has helped and I will go for the F2. Im just waiting till this friday to get my paycheck and then I am going to order the F2, I like the idea of being able to have different coils. Im really excited to start and learn as I go. Again thanks for all the great advice and guiding me in the right direction.

Give Bart a call. He'll help you.

Bart Davis forum sponsor
Call email text, mention Friendly Forum for best deal!
Bigboyshobbies.net 405-206-9010 [email protected]
Authorized Minelab Metal Detectors Fisher Teknetics Garrett XP Deus
Minelab partner of the year for 2012. Minelab customer service award 2012.

Back
Top Bottom