manufacturers?

DiggerBob

i have noticed that some of these machines look identical yet carry different
"names" on them. Is there just one factory that makes other companies products? For example, i saw a teknetics and a bounty hunter that looked the same. If so, why would you pay more for one than the other? I know lawn mowers are like this, kinda figured metal detectors were probably the same way!

bounty hunter is nothing like a t2...2 totally different machines....but the f-75 looks like a t2...thats because fisher bought tecknetids and modeled the f-75 after the t-2...

Bounty Hunter was bought by First Texas in the 90s. First Texas then created the Teknetics brand many years later. Not long after, they purchased Fisher.

Each of the machines serves a different market and different purpose.

Bounty Hunter was bought by First Texas in the 90s. First Texas then created the Teknetics brand many years later. Not long after, they purchased Fisher.

Each of the machines serves a different market and different purpose.

Teknetics was started by George Payne after he left Whites. He developed the first target ID and the first audio ID. Teknetics bought Bounty Hunter and made their first detector for them that didn't have a metal case, the Big Bud. The company was then later sold to First Texas which later bought Fisher. That is why Fisher, Bounty Hunters, and Teknetics often look similar. I still have and use my original Big Bud and my Teknetic 9000B. I met George Payne ay a hunt in Tulsa. He took my 9000 back to the factory and had it converted to a hip mount for me. (14 AA batteries are a little heavy) A really great guy.

Teknetics was started by George Payne after he left Whites. He developed the first target ID and the first audio ID. Teknetics bought Bounty Hunter and made their first detector for them that didn't have a metal case, the Big Bud. The company was then later sold to First Texas which later bought Fisher. That is why Fisher, Bounty Hunters, and Teknetics often look similar. i still have and ude my original Big Bud and my Teknetic 9000B. I met george Payne ay a hunt in Tulsa. He took my 9000 back to the factory and had it converted to a hip mount for me. (14 AA batteries are a little heavy) A really great guy.

ok, so even though they look the same (or similar...) the insides are definitely not the same? i got it. i was curious because i am getting a new machine soon and wanted to know beforehand. thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom