How Do You Get More Depth On The ACE?

ProPointer

Elite Member
I was asking this question for many months and never gotten a straight answer. So I need some help. I always keep my ace on high sensitivity, since I use the 150 I keep it on four and in coin mode. Any one got any good ideas onto increasing the depth on your detector? Thanks for looking!Happy Hunting!
Austin

Your two best options are getting sensitivity up as high as you can, and still remain stable, and lowering the discrimination/notch.

The only to increase depth is as the others said, sensitivity as high as you can run it for the conditions and remember that as you notch things out you lose depth for some reason. All metal mode will give you the max depth. But Ive found quarters at 7 - 8 inches in coin mode and with the sensitivity at 4 or 5 bars. Soil conditions will cause depth to vary though.

Go All metal mode, and as much sensitivity as your ground conditions allow. If you're getting too many false hits that bounce all over the scale, you're running to much sensitivity.

I was asking this question for many months and never gotten a straight answer. So I need some help. I always keep my ace on high sensitivity, since I use the 150 I keep it on four and in coin mode. Any one got any good ideas onto increasing the depth on your detector? Thanks for looking!Happy Hunting!
Austin

Can you change coils on the 150?
If so use a larger coil and hunt in all metal mode.

The Ace 150 and 250 is an intermediate detector.
Another way to detect deeper is to trade it in on a Garrett 1500 or a 2500.
Or keep it and use it as a lender when your buddies want to go hunting with you.

Sounds like you have pushed your Ace 150 to its limits and you are ready to move up to something more advanced.

Willee

Back
Top Bottom