Has anyone used this scoop?

pryan67

Forum Supporter
Link

What I really don't like is the poor grammar :) But it's in my budget(ish) and looks decent. I know, I know, I SHOULD get the Stealth...but I can't right now...maybe next year.

Looks like junk.

Listen carefully. DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON A SCOOP.

Let me reiterate that point.

DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON A SCOOP.

This seriously should be a sticky in massive bold letters in the beach forum b/c it keeps coming up.

If a good scoop is not in your budget, save up until it is.

I have a similar looking one that has hexagon shaped holes that I bought on ebay from Ukraine. It's not bad at all, but I've only got a couple years use on it so who knows what the quality will be like in the future.

I have a similar looking one that has hexagon shaped holes that I bought on ebay from Ukraine. It's not bad at all, but I've only got a couple years use on it so who knows what the quality will be like in the future.

I don't mind replacing it after a couple of years if necessary. I can't spend 200+ on a scoop for this year...I only intend to water hunt two or three times this year, in fresh water lakes

I love my Stealth 720i but just made up a smaller one with a carbon fiber pole and foam grip that I had on hand in the shop.
I bought the tiny Coob Scout ver. 1 from amazon and it has 10mm hex holes for fast sifting.
Well made scoop and it’s very lightweight and easy to use and haul around.
Best of luck!

Thanks all.

I ended up getting an RTG 703 aluminum scoop...since I will only be hunting in sand (no rocks or shells to speak of) I think this will last me the season, maybe longer....but once I can afford it, I'm planning on the Stealth 720i

Thanks all.

I ended up getting an RTG 703 aluminum scoop...since I will only be hunting in sand (no rocks or shells to speak of) I think this will last me the season, maybe longer....but once I can afford it, I'm planning on the Stealth 720i

Wish I saw this sooner, would have cut you a deal. This is the most solid scoop I have found under 100$ very similar to the big boys and built to last! Ive used the one you listed in the original post, but in freshwater lakes you need strength, unless your doing straight sand. Rocks re a major issue, in my experiences. Aluminum scoops are okay but not very durable it seems. Good luck with your purchase !
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=260447

Wish I saw this sooner, would have cut you a deal. This is the most solid scoop I have found under 100$ very similar to the big boys and built to last! Ive used the one you listed in the original post, but in freshwater lakes you need strength, unless your doing straight sand. Rocks re a major issue, in my experiences. Aluminum scoops are okay but not very durable it seems. Good luck with your purchase !
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=260447

I'll only be in sand...Small lake in Michigan, and a "private" beach area on Lake Michigan (I know that no beach is private on Lake Michigan, but physical access to this particular area would be VERY difficult for a random person to get)

I'll only be in sand...Small lake in Michigan, and a "private" beach area on Lake Michigan (I know that no beach is private on Lake Michigan, but physical access to this particular area would be VERY difficult for a random person to get)

Hey, Stay OUT of our state. Play in your own lakes!

Hey, Stay OUT of our state. Play in your own lakes!

Yes, dear.... :)

I plan on mainly hitting the beach near where my daughter goes to college, I saw a LOT of college kids there today when I went to take her to dinner...so this summer I'll hit it....but that's on MY side of the lake :) The other side I'll only hit a small area where there likely isn't much of anything, since it's on a bluff, and a STEEP, long walk to the beach...but if there's anything there at all, it's gonna be OLD...

Back
Top Bottom