Permanent carrot light?

Oldsjunkie

Forum Supporter
Any of you folks had an issue with your Pro-Pointer AT (carrot) not shutting the light off? I put a brand new lithium 9V in it last hunt and it was dead this morning. WTH?

Popped in another one and the light comes on as soon as the cap is threaded on. Won't go off regardless if it's turned on or not. Never even been in the water and only a few months old.

Looks like I'm contacting Garrett in the morning...:mad:

I have been fortunate to not have any problems with mine but from what I hear Garrett's customer service is supposed to be excellent. Hope you get it back quick, I hate hunting without mine.

I also would be lost with out my carrot. I did contact Garrett once about a non fitting coil cover. They sent me a new one without delay and no questions asked. I'd say their customer service is excellent.

Mine does it too.. I didnt notice it until after I went to rechargeable batteries. It could be because it got wet though. When i noticed it i unscrewed the cap and d/c the battery then reinserted and closed it back up. The light goes out every time but it stays on a bit after turning it off.

Shouldn't be a problem for the AT to get wet, although mine didn't. I got an RMA number to send it back today but I'm gonna leave the cap loose until Sunday since I'm going to hunt what is hopefully going to be a hot spot.

Garrett gave me no trouble on the phone and promised a 10 day turn around.

Wth?

So I took the carrot out for a full day hunt today. Left it with the cap loose and tip up since I discovered the issue so it wouldn't drain the battery. Got to the site, tightened the cap, no light. Turn it on, no light...:?:

It's working normally and turning on and off, but the light doesn't come on at all now! LOL I assume that means it isn't draining the battery anyway. Still sending it in, but man that's weird.

Back
Top Bottom