• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Epic Spill

I might not even consider that a spill. More like a cache. That'd be a lot of money back then. A lot to carry around let alone drop it and not know.
I'd look carefully at the location where you dug them. Corner of a foundation, next to a big rock etc. Look for similar locations, maybe the old guy buried more and had a system.

I might not even consider that a spill. More like a cache. That'd be a lot of money back then. A lot to carry around let alone drop it and not know.
I'd look carefully at the location where you dug them. Corner of a foundation, next to a big rock etc. Look for similar locations, maybe the old guy buried more and had a system.

Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing. It was right next to the foundation of the house. between the house and a out-building foundation.

You nailed it with Epic that's an amazing find most guys would consider anyone of those an epic day. CONGRATS

That is so cool! what a find. I too would not consider that a spill but rather a beginnings of a cache. There may be some coins deeper than any detector would pick up! that is amazing.
That spill/cache was likely dropped in 1831 since the half is so close to uncirculated. It is truly amazing that those reales were used a currency and could be found in circulation in the 1830's. Have you ever seen Aquachiggers cache on youtube? He found quite a few of those Reales and the same vintage half you have- but he found hundreds! a must see!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDC3SUK3axM

OH my god !!!!! That is just incredible !!!!! HUGE HUGE HUGE congrats !!!!!!

Were they in a cellar or just around the old property ?

So so so awesome !!!! Im not sure my ticker could handle seeing a half like that come out of the ground.........
Great job and way to keep hammering at that spot........

Back
Top Bottom