Gold detector

Rockdawg420

Intrested in a gold detector , not sure which one ? Ex.2 looks sweet but then again looking for an all gold detector.No luck yet with Cobra. :?:

Are we talking beach hunting or actual gold prospecting? 2 immensly different hunting scenes.

From the machines you listed, I will assume beach hunting. The Cobra is Chinese junk according to many beach hunters. Hence the low price. The Excaliber 2 is one of the best VLF salt water machines out there from what I have heard. I have not used one, so hopefully someone else will come in to give you more info on it. HH

gold detector

Im confused , the at pro and ex2 are machines for not prospecting gold? Then what equipment do u use for what your talkin about? pretty much cobra sux and yea im hunting the beach but intrested in anyway of finding gold or raw gold. thnx

Prospecting for gold with a metal detector is different from hunting for gold jewelry. Technically, if you wanted to do both with one machine you could do so with a Pulse Induction machine, but then you would dig a lot of junk. A VLF machine like the At Pro and Excaliber 2 are able to discriminate out trash, but are not as deep as PI machines.

The At Pro could be used for gold prospecting, but it would not be most people's first choice. The At Gold is made more for gold prospecting. The At Pro would do fine on dry sand beaches or in freshwater. It is not made for saltwater though.

The Excaliber 2 from looking at its specifications would seem to be able to find gold prospecting or beach hunting just fine. But then again I have never used one for either situation or at all. HH

The Gold Bug Pro with its controls and features is tailored to gold prospecting, including a sophisticated ground balancing system, separate control over signal gain and threshold, and a unique discrimination control system. These same features also make the Gold Bug Pro an excellent relic hunter too.

Give me a shout if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Russ

Hello Silversmith45- The G2 is a great gold detector...It's basically the same thing as the GoldBug Pro the differences don't go any further then cosmetics.

Kind regards,

Russ

prospecting AT GOLD

So the at gold is for prospecting and is not for looking for lost jewelry? Then what do u look for with it just raw natural nuggets?

When they say gold prospecting, they mean looking for natural gold nuggets in the mountains and in streams. Most gold nuggets are tiny, so you need a machine that is sensitive to tiny gold, which is why most people use the Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, or a Minelab PI.

As mentioned, beach hunting is different, you are not looking for tiny little pieces of gold at the beach, you are looking for rings, big chains, big earrings, etc. The hardest part of finding a beach hunting machine is finding a machine that can handle dealing with the saltwater, which most machines can't do. The proven beach machines are Minelab BBS/FBS machines, Fisher CZ machines, Whites DFX/V3i, or a PI. The waterproof VLF machines are the Excalibur 2, Fisher CZ21, or Whites Beach Hunter.

Most guys use the Excalibur for beach hunting, second most popular is the CZ21, Beach Hunter isn't used by many people.

Back
Top Bottom