I'm new... real new, like today, right now, new...

river rat

Like I mentioned... I'm new to the forum, and new to detector's, but I have wanted to do this for many years now. Now's my chance, got nothing but time on my hands and more stuff to find here than ever before... I was gonna buy a Whites Detector probably 18 or so years ago, but a motorcycle wreck made that almost impossible, so now I'm gonna jump in and get both feet wet. Any and all help, suggestions, how to buy from Tony, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx Guys n Gals,
Buzzy

Welcome to the group! I'm a newbie myself, so I'll keep my recommendations to myself. :roll:

Welcome to the forums and the great hobby of metal detecting!

buzzy,

wish i woulda got a fema sardine can or a debit card for 2 grand or at least sympathy when a flock of tornados came through and blew most of the nearby town and EVERYTHING i owned away.

don't worry about how to buy from tony. i'll bet you a hot fudge sundea he can give you detailed instructions. :lol:

Hi and welcome to the forums. Welcome also to this great hobby. If you need any help you can check out my site or call me.
Thanks.
860-623-1153

Wellcome Rat I would amagin $$ is tite so I would suggest you go with a Garret 250 you get a lot of bang for short $$. Cladius.

Hi Buzz. Welcome to the gang!
I'm sure you'll have no problem at all with your dillema. Lotsa help right in here!
Sorry to hear about your bike accident. Hope you came out of it in one piece... well, all the funtional ones, anyway. :D

Welcome to the forum Buzzy. There are alot of great people on this forum that will be able to answer just about any question you may have. Good luck and let us know how things go.

Thanks for the great welcome folks! Your like another new family to me.
My other online families are Chevytalk.com (I'll usually be in the 60 to 66 truck forum as 66stepside) and meridianhighalumni.org (I built a web page for my old high school buddies so we could keep in touch) and you'd be surprised just how small this old world really is.

Tony, sorry, but my wifes Dad got me a White's IDX Pro and gave it to me yesterday... Is this a good machine, or should I take it back and get something else? I had no idea he even knew I wanted one. He knows the VA pretty much disabled me and I can't do the things I used too, and he knew I had to do something to keep myself busy, I got a feeing my sweet wife put the bug in his ear about this...
I visited your website and can see I gotta lot to learn/get sooner or later, so expect me to get back with ya on that, ok?

Krum, everything still works, but some parts don't work like they used too... You ride? I'm a Pan man, but had a few knuckles and a 45 solo's in the day.

I could only get my avatar down to 12k, anyone in here that can shrink it to 9? Sure would appreciate it if you could help me do it.

"wish i woulda got a fema sardine can or a debit card for 2 grand or at least sympathy when a flock of tornados came through and blew most of the nearby town and EVERYTHING i owned away. "

Sorry to hear that phantom, I hope you've recovered since then.
We didn't lose a town or two, we lost the whole Mississippi gulf coast, not to mention Alabama and Louisiana... This was one hell of a storm, not just wind, we had a 28' wall of water, the hurricane winds, and tornado's to boot. I've got stuff in my yard that came from 15 or 20 miles away. Nuff bout that, just be glad that you don't have a squid delivering your mail.

Again. "THANKS" for the welcome, and Good Hunting to all of you!
Buzzy

(I guess, by "Krum" you meant me, Buzz. :lol: )
Usta ride. Had an ol' shovel with an SS... and a few others. The wife ("Snowy", in here) had one too, before I met her. Haven't touched a bike since I rammed someone's rear bumper (at night... no taillights). The wife's been lately talkin' about getting matching super glides tho'. Never know with that lady. :D

Sorry Krom, I'm not the worlds best typist...
Hey matching Sup's ain't a bad idea... I'm looking for an 66 or newer (not newer than75) shovel myself... can't kick em anymore. I used to work at HD in New Orleans til they shut down, sure would like to find some old baskets somewhere.

I'm sure there's all kinds of graveyards out there. Do the Net thing.
Miss the kickers, huh? Sad, ain't it? Diin' breed, they are.
...and now, they make 'em everywhere else but here, it seems. No more good ol' American-made hogs...! :o(
Pretty soon they're gonna hafta start planting rice paddies around here jus' for the juice! :lol:

Don't want no "rice paddies" around here... seen enough of em. Well, if I did put a paddy on the property I could always farm the crawfish, too... Gonna be a bad season this year, I'm afraid. If I don't find me a sack of oysters soon I'm gonna wind up in the VA with withdrawals...
You're right about the hogs, but then I'm glad they're still around, I just seem to be stuck in the 50's for some reason... I found my last two baskets in Iowa, seems everybody hid em in the barn up there. I found a 61 incher and a 74 last trip, but it seems things are getting bought up.

PLEASE...you have nothing to apologize for. Getting started in this hobby is what it's all about. The Idx Pro is a good detector. Whites does not make it any more but that doesn't mean it won't do good for you. It's not the best but some guys swear by theirs. If you nee dhelp using it just let me know. If you think you want something better , I'll be here for ya.Just ask. Good Luck.

PLEASE...you have nothing to apologize for. Getting started in this hobby is what it's all about. The Idx Pro is a good detector. Whites does not make it any more but that doesn't mean it won't do good for you. It's not the best but some guys swear by theirs. If you nee dhelp using it just let me know. If you think you want something better , I'll be here for ya.Just ask. Good Luck.

"Whites does not make it any more but that doesn't mean it won't do good for you."

If they don't make it I wonder how he got it?
Should I consider getting something else?
Thanks Tony, I'll be in touch. Oh, Miss C is a beautiful woman.

Awright, the rain stopped, I'm gonna go get my compressor and get after the 66, then I'm going to the beach. Wish me luck.

Welcome RR... Hope your day at the beach was a good'un... Looks like you guys are gettin dumped on over there... Its just missing us here in the West Central Florida area...

We also live in a sardine can right now, but it's got a diesel pusher behind it, so we can run from the weather... We'll be selling it and moving north in a week or two...

Let us know how you made out at the beach today... I'm at an RV resort that was only opened 7 years ago, so not much here, but it looks like we'll be in the Daytona/New Smyrna beach area starting tomorrow afternoon... Gonna give that new DFX that I got coming from Tony a test drive... Snake

Seen enough of th' paddies myself, Rat.
I was a "rat" of sorts myself.

Back
Top Bottom