Greetings!

samurai

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and the sport. I got a Tracker IV for Christmas, and I'm very excited to get started. But of course, the winter here in Minnesota doesn't allow for much detecting or digging, so I have basically only been able to turn it on, find the nails in the floor, and turn it off. It's like getting a toy as a kid for Christmas but not being able to play with it until spring.

I honestly get excited when I see the different finds people here dig up, and hopefully someday I can pull up a coin or two.

Welcome to the forums Samurai. Don't worry, winter is almost over (what little of it we had).

Welcome, welcome. Don't stress too much spring is on it way.

Welcome Samurai,

You are not the only one who drools over the finds the others here make and definetly not the only one waiting for warmer weather, of course if you really look around the forum a bit you will find some REAL dedicated treasure hunters that even go out in the snow! :duh:

When it does warm up I hope you have the best of luck and I get to see some of your finds also, maybe by then I'll get around to getting a camera to add some myself.

Hey welcome to the forum samurai. Hey, why not take the machine out to the parking lots where the plows have the snow piled up. Work the edges, and you will be surprised what you might find. Keep hunting these areas as the weather warms up, and the snow recedes. At least you will be able to learn your machine a lot better before the snow is all gone. Sure beats finding the nails in the floor. :D

Welcome to the forum Samurai. I know how you feel when it comes to the weather. I was going to try and get out during this warm spell but we got another 4 inches last night. All we can do is hope for an early spring. Good luck and post some pics when you make your first finds.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, we did get more snow last night, but it doesn't seem it will last. I turned the detector on again last night, and this time I found my bass guitar with it. Granted it was in it's stand right in front of me, but hey, I DETECTED IT! Patience is running thin waiting for spring...

I like the parking lot idea. Could have used it last year when I went to warm up my boss' car. Somewhere between our business door and his Trooper I dropped his key! Wouldn't have been bad if it wasn't snowing to near zero visibility. Had to pay for a locksmith to come out in a blizzard. If only I had my detector then! I love Minnesota.

samurai said:
Thanks everyone. Yeah, we did get more snow last night, but it doesn't seem it will last. I turned the detector on again last night, and this time I found my bass guitar with it. Granted it was in it's stand right in front of me, but hey, I DETECTED IT! Patience is running thin waiting for spring....

Oh man...you got it BAD!

Detector fever

Yeah, you got it BAD . . . which is G-O-O-D! HeeHee! By the time I get home from work right now, there's about 10-15 minutes of daylight left. I get home, jump out of my car, grab my detector and hit my front or back yard (I don't even change clothes!) I LOVE it! Yeah . . . I got it BAD, too :grin:

Welcome Samurai. Hope the weather gets better for you soon. The Tracker IV is a nice machine. I took mine out the last couple of days and found several coins at a local ball field. I haven't used it in a while so the lack of a pinpointer button took some getting used to but after a while using the X method to pinpoint it went well.

Sorry, but what's the X method? Is that just going over your potential target with an X motion?

Back
Top Bottom