Ultra Swingy Thingy or Minelab Pro Swing 45?

Happa54

Forum Supporter
I need feedback from those who use one of these harnesses.

I desperately need one due to arm pain from swinging the coil for too many hours.

The Ultra Swingy Thingy is $50 and the Minelaba Pro Swing is $130. Huge difference in price.

They seem to both work about the same from watching the youtube videos.

Anyone have experience with either of these?

As they say "you get what you pay for" so I don't mind spending the money for the most expensive as long as I know I'm getting my money's worth.

Thanks for the feedback.

HH

I have a swinythingy not sure if it is ultra or not.. The think I do not like is it does not work in the winter time, especially if you wear over-alls. It has to clip to your belt and that don't work when it is cold out and you have a coat on.
I added a fuffy cover to the harness as it was a bit rough on the shoulder, but I am a skinny bony guy so that may by why it bothered me. I don't use it much but did use it last time I was out and was not tired at all after 3 hours of mostly swinging.. not many targets to stop and dig.
Hope that helps

Pro Swing 45 is the BEST !!!!

I have used the Pro swing 45 for over two years now, and I to tell you it is the best thing going for stopping aches and pains. When adjusted properly the pro-swing 45 makes the detector weightless allows you to swing the detector with one finger ! Yes it is expensive as compared to some of the other devices, however it is the best product for the money. Best of luck !!!

The Pro-swing is far more effective and than the ultra S/T, however, if you have a belly it may not work. At about a 40" waist line, the Pro swing is pretty maxed out on its adjustments. Those with a smaller waist but multiple layers of clothes may have the same issue.

Meanwhile the S/T isn't much more than a flat-bungee cord that attaches to the back of your pants and wraps over your shoulder. You can do this yourself for about $10-20.

Attachments

• bungy.jpg
    bungy.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 206
Thank you for your feedback everyone.

I just received my Minelab Pro Swing 45 and took it out for 5 hours.

I think, it kinda worked. No opinion as of yet because at the end of the hunt, my shoulder was kinda sore from weight on the one side. I guess I need to tweak it some more to balance it out. My arm was no better off than without the harness, thus a little sore too.

I tested it at a park where there are hills and uneven ground. Due to the fast changing contours, etc, I was constantly making adjustments and at one point while working a hill I had to hold the adjustment cord with the free hand while pulling on the adjustment cord to keep up with the changes in the contour.

I will continue to work with it nonetheless.

HH

Thank you for your feedback everyone.

I just received my Minelab Pro Swing 45 and took it out for 5 hours.

I think, it kinda worked. No opinion as of yet because at the end of the hunt, my shoulder was kinda sore from weight on the one side. I guess I need to tweak it some more to balance it out. My arm was no better off than without the harness, thus a little sore too.

I tested it at a park where there are hills and uneven ground. Due to the fast changing contours, etc, I was constantly making adjustments and at one point while working a hill I had to hold the adjustment cord with the free hand while pulling on the adjustment cord to keep up with the changes in the contour.

I will continue to work with it nonetheless.

HH

All lift-assist devices, regardless of style/brand, are made for flat land. They just can't compensate for changes without you manually adjusting them.

I mostly hunt beaches so instead of working my way from surf to dune, I run parallel to the slope so I don't have to make adjustments. Not sure if that is feasible where you are at, but keep it in mind.

Back
Top Bottom