BE Prepared!! CONTEST Starting Next Monday

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Ok ye beach and water hunters. Here is the SCOOP!!

Since a lot of you helped me with the Detroit Boat Show I asked if I could hold a contest in this section and Vlad gave me the green light.

So next Monday will be the start of a new contest.

I hope everyone will be excited when they hear what the prize is

Want to know?

Well stay tuned to this thread and maybe I will let the cat out of the bag.

What a great idea. How would you like your own personal protection cat while water hunting?

Anyway, the prize is only good for a water hunter. And the contest has something to do with these.

Stay tuned for further announcements on this thread.

You sure got a lot of pull tabs last week! :lol:

You know, if you just poke a hole in the side of the beer, you can shotgun it much quicker than the old fashioned way of drinking. :laughing:

Ok ye beach and water hunters. Here is the SCOOP!!

Since a lot of you helped me with the Detroit Boat Show I asked if I could hold a contest in this section and Vlad gave me the green light.

So next Monday will be the start of a new contest.

I hope everyone will be excited when they hear what the prize is

Want to know?

Well stay tuned to this thread and maybe I will let the cat out of the bag.

What a great idea. How would you like your own personal protection cat while water hunting?

Anyway, the prize is only good for a water hunter. And the contest has something to do with these.

Stay tuned for further announcements on this thread.

Waiting.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I shotgunned a lot of beer. When I was a state cop we had to destroy all the illegal alcohol. We did. We set up cases and cases of beer and shot it with Ithaca pistol grip shotguns.

Now what would be a nice prize for a water hunter?
Alcohol abuse! Lol

Ok cat is coming out of the bag. I tried to think of something a water hunter would love to have in his collection but might be cost prohibitive for some.

So I called a really nice forum member who I have met in person, and told him my idea. With that being said I can't claim full credit for the prize. He was willing to give me a discount.

So with thanks going where it is deserved to Chuck at Sunspot, the prize is going to be a brand new, lifetime warranty 720I scoop. And it gets even better! This scoop will come complete with a carbon fiber handle.

Contest and rules will be posted on Sunday. PLEASE READ and follow the rules. I think I made it fun and interesting.

I want to personally thank everyone that contributed to my success at the Detroit Boat Shows and all the support I received from the many of you that helped me out.

Ok cat is coming out of the bag. I tried to think of something a water hunter would love to have in his collection but might be cost prohibitive for some.

So I called a really nice forum member who I have met in person, and told him my idea. With that being said I can't claim full credit for the prize. He was willing to give me a discount.

So with thanks going where it is deserved to Chuck at Sunspot, the prize is going to be a brand new, lifetime warranty 720I scoop. And it gets even better! This scoop will come complete with a carbon fiber handle.

Contest and rules will be posted on Sunday. PLEASE READ and follow the rules. I think I made it fun and interesting.

I want to personally thank everyone that contributed to my success at the Detroit Boat Shows and all the support I received from the many of you that helped me out.
What a prize. Have peaked my interest for sure. Thanks Scuba and thanks Chuck for a wonderful chance at an amazing prize

Outstanding our thanks go to YOU and Chuck!

IDEA: 2nd place gets the kitty, with a mouth like that I could teach him to dig my targets!

Attachments

• sharkcat.jpg
    sharkcat.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 434
Whoa now thats one hell of a prize!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This Monday or Next Monday? dAmmit! be pacific with a date will ya! Do we have to guess how many pulltabs are in that pitchure? Or does this contest require a bit of skill? Is this random guessing, or actual critical thinking?? Not that it matters in my case, on either count....I cant win a door prize at a Tupperware party....but for the general forum audience at large?...C'mon Man!

Holy cow!!

I'm in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Monday or Next Monday? dAmmit! be pacific with a date will ya! Do we have to guess how many pulltabs are in that pitchure? Or does this contest require a bit of skill? Is this random guessing, or actual critical thinking?? Not that it matters in my case, on either count....I cant win a door prize at a Tupperware party....but for the general forum audience at large?...C'mon Man!

LOL well if it was this Monday which was yesterday I would have posted by now!! Mud, you will have a LOT of chances to win. And yes the pull tabs are part of the contest. I couldn't make it that easy to just guess them. I made it a bit more creative.

No skill, random guessing and no thinking involved. I made it for the Beach and Water section because face it, no land hunter would be interested in a scoop. You are not going to scoop up quarters in a grassy park. I have had to think of how I was going to make this work and get all my ducks lined up so it will go smooth. Still making sure I have all the bases covered. Stay tuned!!

LOL well if it was this Monday which was yesterday I would have posted by now!! Mud, you will have a LOT of chances to win. And yes the pull tabs are part of the contest. I couldn't make it that easy to just guess them. I made it a bit more creative.

No skill, random guessing and no thinking involved. I made it for the Beach and Water section because face it, no land hunter would be interested in a scoop. You are not going to scoop up quarters in a grassy park. I have had to think of how I was going to make this work and get all my ducks lined up so it will go smooth. Still making sure I have all the bases covered. Stay tuned!!

Cool! Random guessing game!! No thinking involved! I've got as good a chance as anybody!

That friggin shark with the cats head though?...I will tell you Dee, that creeped me out big time!...Cats have no loyalty, and sharks have no discretion...Working within your parameters, to win this fine scoop... My guess is 'elebenty seven'...so pencil me in! .......or what? I have to wait until Monday?

Would love some input from people watching this thread. Here are most of the rules I have thought of.

PLEASE let me know if they are clear or if I need better clarification. Thank you.

I used a random number generator to pick 30 numbers for 30 days. The person closest to the number gets a chance to win the prize. If there is a tie, the first person that entered will win for the day. The number will be between 1 and 200.

Daily contest goes from Midnight eastern standard time - 10PM eastern standard time for 30 days.

Only one guess per day.

If you qualify for a chance at the prize, you will have to wait 5 days before you can try again. So if you qualify on Monday you can't guess again till Saturday.

At the end of 30 days we will have up to 30 different winners. All the winners will then be able to guess the amount of pull tabs in the pile. If you won more than once you will have a chance to guess as many times as you won.

You will have to guess the amount of pull tabs within FIVE. If none of the first 30 guesses get within 5, the closest 20 will remain in the contest. If none of those come within 5, the closest 10 will remain in the contest. If none of them guess within 5, the closest 5 will remain. After that, the closest of the 5 will win the prize.

The 4 runners up will each receive a found Walker from the Detroit River.

One small catch. Who ever wins this scoop will have to pay actual shipping to you.

Back
Top Bottom