Billions in illegal gold moved through Miami

Interesting article. Took note how the illegal mines were destroying huge amounts of forest. Every time I watch Gold Rush I'm amazed at the amount of damage being done... I could just imagine what $2500oz would do. Slow and steady is best I guess
As for the money laundering digital currency has made it a couple clicks.

Interesting article. Took note how the illegal mines were destroying huge amounts of forest. Every time I watch Gold Rush I'm amazed at the amount of damage being done... I could just imagine what $2500oz would do. Slow and steady is best I guess
As for the money laundering digital currency has made it a couple clicks.

They are required to restore the land. They could spend more time showing and talking about it, but most people don't find it very exciting. Perhaps ten or fifteen minutes in their season finale. Here's four videos...

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/gold-rush/videos/land-reclamation/

R5

They are required to restore the land. They could spend more time showing and talking about it, but most people don't find it very exciting. Perhaps ten or fifteen minutes in their season finale. Here's four videos...

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/gold-rush/videos/land-reclamation/

R5

Yes, I think most do a good job fixing it up. Now at least. Sometimes you can see old tail pilings from 60 years ago that are completely barren of any wildlife. It's essentially wasteland. The gold is coming out of the ground regardless I guess. Weather legally or illegally.

Wonder if they let ya MD over there :lol: good read ! ,,,,,HH

Way back in the day the wash plants didn't keep the large nuggets. The fell into the tailings piling. The pilings were then used to make the roads.... large nuggets included. I think the largest roadside nugget found so far was over 1lb. The roads are literally paved in gold.

Anyone who is a fan of the show Gold Rush must recall when the Hoffmans went to the Amazon to mine. The devastation and environmental damage (containers of who knows what strewn all over the place) was disgusting. With no controls, man can do an amazing amount of harm to a place. The old adage of "don't poop where you eat" is not universally accepted advice, sadly.

I'm not a huge fan of governmental intervention, but this is one of the areas I think it's necessary.

In the US you can't even begin to mine unless you have a reclamation plan and post a bond to cover it. The great miner Hoffman is as sorry an excuse of a miner as I've ever seen, and I've been in the mining field for 40 years. This guy is a clown. Anything he finds is pretty much dumb luck. Only guy in that show who knows what he's doing is the guy who does the maintenance, he is a real pro with what I've seen him do with a breakdown.

Yes, until the Mined Land Reclamation Act was passed anything went unless a State had reclamation laws. Many times now when a company wants to mine an old area that has not been reclaimed they are usually asked to reclaim so many acres of previously disturbed land. Most times not all of it but at least something.

Like we used to say of some miners who thought they were the greatest at drilling and mucking but couldn't even drill a hole right, Miner My As*. Todd, take note.

Back
Top Bottom