NY Hunters...

paluch545

I am in northern NY and am looking for a hunting buddy. I am in the watertown area, and I have boat loads of places to hunt , I am just sick of going out by my self.... if there is anyone in my area...please respond!!! HH

You are right about having some great areas to hunt up your way. I have been to Watertown many times on business over the years, but never detected there. I was invited and went to Mexico, N.Y. just south of you to do an old farm last year.
The milatary history there and at the Islands is quite rich.

The best thing you can do is look up a detecting club in your area......Got to be a couple...Hit the search engine and good luck...........................Gil

Hey,

My son and his mom live in Rochester, NY. I know its a little bit, but?
What are you finding up there?

Hi I am down in Rochester and might think about a ride up that way some week end this summer. what kind of sites do you have to hunt. Bob.

Yeah, i live rochester too. A friend of mine has a cabin near Kring Point(sp??). well at least his mother does , not sure if we will be going up that way this summer but if I do i'll let ya know when...

PS... BOB Z. i am very new to this but if you wanna send me an email and hunt sometime that would be cool...especially if you have a clue on what you are doing..might be able to lend me a few MDing brain cells...

Hi paluch545,my name is Steve and I am about 1hour north of you, I am just outside of Ogdensburg,N.Y. in a very small town,don't get as much time as I would like to detect since I am a dairy farmer (full time) satellite dealer (on the side). I am lucky my wife loves to detect with me. I don't get to Watertown much, usually only to XMAS shop at the Salmon River Mall.

Thanks for all the replies!!!!  I am waiting to hear on permission to hunt two farms in the sackets harbor area.  Total acrage around 550.  My oldest find so far has been a 1780 half reale. I have'nt had much time to hun t since I have been home......honey do list is a mile long :lol:   And I got suckered in to painting a few rooms in my wifes salon :mad:  I hope to be home for a while so I can find some relics and some silver ;)   HH

Back
Top Bottom