I found a cool 112 year oldBritish coin last night!

tjn63

This is probably nothing special to all of you from over in the UK. For me it was cool because I've never dug a British coin, and old silver is always fun to find!
I was at an old sledding hill, it came up like a deep zinc, or Indian head penny. When I found it the first thing I thought was that it was another dang Utah Sales Tax Token! It was a pleasant surprise when I got some of the dirt off and didn't see a hole in the middle (the tax tokens have a hole in the middle, and are aluminum so they come out shiny like silver)!
Happy Hunting!
Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 1901 3 Pence.jpg
    1901 3 Pence.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 408
Are you sure the date of the coin is 1903? Queen Victoria died in 1901. If indeed it is 1903 then you have found a coin with an incorrect date and it may be worth something! I must be going blind,I misread the date you expressed. As you say it's 1901. Sorry!; but it's a nice find!

Last edited:
That's pretty cool! You never know what is going to pop out of the ground, or how it got there.

awesome find!! Which detector were you using? The E-Trac or the DFX?...just curious
Hope you find some more goodies!!
GL & HH Brian

awesome find!! Which detector were you using? The E-Trac or the DFX?...just curious
Hope you find some more goodies!!
GL & HH Brian

I was using the E-trac. I could have found it just as easily with the DFX though. My wife was using the DFX.

Back
Top Bottom