VA Beach Vacation

DiggerRick

The wife and I had a super time this year at VA Beach. Just started detecting and decided to pack along my Ace 250 to get to know it better. Boy did I, the weather was great!. Spent 4 days hunting early mornings and evenings. Met several of the locals and some vacationers as well. Ina, Stacy, Dave, Max, Tim, and I know I missing others, sorry I can't remember names that well. Thanks to Dave and Max for putting my ugly mug in their posts. Ina, that was a great ring you found Monday night. Had a great time and since I had it in all metal mode for the first couple of days, I dug a ton of targets. Got to a point I almost knew what I was digging except for the cell phone, the junk watch, some tent posts, pocket knife, spoon, and finally a sterling silver arizona turquoise ring popped into the scoop. It toned as a dime. That basically why you dig them all, you never know. Thanks again to all and I hope to make it down again next year.

Hey Rick
It was nice to meet you and talk with you.I am glad you and your lovely wife had a great vacation and look fwd to see you two next year. Congrats on that turquoise ring it was really a pretty ring.

Hey Digger, sounds like a great vacation. Can you post some pix of the loot?!? Maybe you can get out here to the west coast for a vacation sometime. We have beachs too!! :lol: :lol:

Some pixs from my cheapo camera, sorry about the quality. About 13 bucks in clad, watch is junk, junk charm and the arizona ring. Of course a pocket full of tabs and bottle caps that didn't get in the picture. Any recommendations on a good water proof camera. I will be looking. Thanks.

Attachments

• vabeach_2007_1.gif
    vabeach_2007_1.gif
    49.6 KB · Views: 228
  • vabeach_2007_2.gif
    vabeach_2007_2.gif
    33 KB · Views: 228
Nice pile of loot Rick and congrats again on that nice silver ring. As far as water proof camera goes I use the Pentax Optio W20 it is a great little camera.

You always have such great pics!

Nice pile of loot Rick and congrats again on that nice silver ring. As far as water proof camera goes I use the Pentax Optio W20 it is a great little camera.

Nighthawk:
Your pentax is a great camera, owned one for several years and thought it took better pics than the Nikon digital I now use. Those sunrise pics are missed !

I will be at Myrtle Beach in the next few weeks, hope to try out the MXT there, IF time permits. So much to do, so little time. Take care.

RSB

Nighthawk:
Your pentax is a great camera, owned one for several years and thought it took better pics than the Nikon digital I now use. Those sunrise pics are missed !

I will be at Myrtle Beach in the next few weeks, hope to try out the MXT there, IF time permits. So much to do, so little time. Take care.

RSB

Thanks RSB
Here is a sunrise picture I took while down in Nag Head this past weekend

Back
Top Bottom