New Portable Dive System - Aquarobo Nemo

OK, that's the kind of tech talk that makes sense - sort of the same "sucking air" that ScubaDetective mentions. I would never do 10 meters. Let's say for the sake of usefulness that about 4-5 meters would be my maximum target depth. I am really looking for something that just covers about 8-10' snorkeling range without having to go up and down all the time. Thoughts?

From my days of skin and scuba diving when I lived in Miami: The atmospheric pressure in salt water doubles for every 11' of depth. In other words, the pressure on the surface is one atmosphere, go down 11 feet and the pressure is now 2 atmospheres.

I was certified in 1975 and was an instructor in late 90's. Scuba is a great activity. It is very easy to get hurt doing it but also very easy not too. Good instruction is the key. That's why any reputable shop requires a certification card to buy air or some other equipment. If you are physically able, give it a try.

Cliff

Believe it or not, I have already tried SCUBA, a long time ago when I was young. My wife and I were on a Mexican vacation to Puerta Vallarta. We saw scuba diving adventures advertised and thought to try it. They asked if we were divers and we said no. They said not to worry because they would tell us what to do. They did and we did. It wasn't that deep (20-30') with a 30-40' wave surge across the bottom. It wasn't until some time later that we discovered that it was a rather dangerous thing to do. Enjoyable, but dangerous as we did it.

From my days of skin and scuba diving when I lived in Miami: The atmospheric pressure in salt water doubles for every 11' of depth. In other words, the pressure on the surface is one atmosphere, go down 11 feet and the pressure is now 2 atmospheres.
That's 33' for each atmosphere. 33'=2 atm, 66'=3 atm, etc.

Cliff

Believe it or not, I have already tried SCUBA, a long time ago when I was young. My wife and I were on a Mexican vacation to Puerta Vallarta. We saw scuba diving adventures advertised and thought to try it. They asked if we were divers and we said no. They said not to worry because they would tell us what to do. They did and we did. It wasn't that deep (20-30') with a 30-40' wave surge across the bottom. It wasn't until some time later that we discovered that it was a rather dangerous thing to do. Enjoyable, but dangerous as we did it.
My wife tried scuba for the first time on a trip to Japan. The instructor spoke no English but did a pretty fair job of instructing the non-divers on the basics. Two of us were certified and were able to help him get the job done. That's the kind of place that spoils you for good diving locations.

Cliff

Felix

I have the air supply and the transportation. When do you want to go.

Attachments

• brownie.jpg
    brownie.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 307
  • dusky.jpg
    dusky.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 311
Felix
I have the air supply and the transportation. When do you want to go.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Where I want to go your big bad boat wont get into! That's why I got me a kayak! ;)

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Where I want to go your big bad boat wont get into! That's why I got me a kayak! ;)

Don't be laughing Mr Crusty Penny
I have other modes of transportation. Unless its posted no power boats. The cat will have new motor next week. Kayak is to much work

Attachments

• twinvee.jpg
    twinvee.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 282
  • jt.jpg
    jt.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 284
Don't be laughing Mr Crusty Penny
I have other modes of transportation. Unless its posted no power boats. The cat will have new motor next week. Kayak is to much work
That's a trolling motor on the left. :p Where are the rocket launchers on your Cat or Waverunner? :D ;) :lol:

Attachments

• 20201014_160531.jpg
    20201014_160531.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 272
That's a trolling motor on the left. :p Where are the rocket launchers on your Cat or Waverunner? :D ;) :lol:
I see you've tricked out the yak since the last pic I saw. Is that that thing stable with all the accessories on it ?

I see you've tricked out the yak since the last pic I saw. Is that that thing stable with all the accessories on it ?
We'll hopefully know this weekend! I have already taken it out with the cooler. The trolling motor has been waiting to be used for almost 2 months. I was waiting on a very light 50amp LiPo battery from China (14 lbs and almost $300). I also did a DIY power modulator to eke out more battery performance that sits under my seat. I haven't had a good weather window that I could take it out for 3 weeks as well.

Rudy, Actually it is every 33 foot. One atmosphere is at the surface and two atmospheres is thirty three. I got certified in Okinawa in 1979.

I just saw that you know this. I am relearning this site again. Sorry

I have a battery operated hookah in my one toy. It is an AirLine system. I also have the Nemo for shallower depths. And yes Felix mine is the other Nemo.

I came across this recently. It's the best value out there but there's only 1 review on Amazon and methinks it's planted. Less than $500 and nearly 3 hours of airtime - very reasonable. Seems to be good quality. I would pull the trigger if it had more reviews that I could trust. Lot's of uses for me down here - treasure hunting, lobsters, etc. What do you guys think?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F7LQB8...colid=2WZS2CZTB1NC&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Having been a diver, both SCUBA and Commercial Surface Support (HSE III.IV) since the 1980's I was intrigued by the concept of this device. It worked reasonably well up to about 10ft depth then demand slowly started to outstrip the compressors ability to supply sufficient CFM/Air to make the dive comfortable, particularly where exertion increased my demand for air. I would very much doubt that the AQUAROBO®NEMO would be able to supply the average diver with sufficient air at depths in excess of 6-7 metres. However for shallow (low exertion) diving at depths less than this I can heartily recommend it. I dive with a backup pony cylinder and valve (Just in Case) I recommend anyone using this system also do the same as it has no reserve air tank/cylinder. A 30% increase in CFM/Air Supply would significantly increase the Nemo's efficiency and worth. As for duration, I was only in the water for just over half hour for a test dive, the battery was down to 74%. I will be continuing to use it. NOTE: I do not think the expanding hose will last too long. It easily snags the outer Nylon layer. I will likely change it shortly for a 30ft reinforced food grade hose or an SAE100 R3 Hose.

I just picked up 1 that Scuba took to Aruba. Can't wait to give it a go. Under $1k with international delivery.. Perfect for 5 or 6ft of water.

I just picked up 1 that Scuba took to Aruba. Can't wait to give it a go. Under $1k with international delivery.. Perfect for 5 or 6ft of water.

Loads of Pics and let us know how you find it. One thing I noted, My Ocean Reef Extender full face dive mask does not like it (I switched to a DV and snorkel mask). You end up sucking air, so I have fine tuned it (the FF mask) and will give it another go in the River Usk in South Wales tomorrow on a treasure (junk) dive with the metal detectors.

That 10 foot tube would not allow fresh air to you. You would just build CO2 in the tube. You could kill yourself from lack of oxygen.

That 10 foot tube would not allow fresh air to you. You would just build CO2 in the tube. You could kill yourself from lack of oxygen.

The average human would lack the necessary strength to inflate their lungs and inhale ambient air through a snorkel tube at any depth greater than two feet. There is also the matter of dead air space hence the the Legal requirement for snorkels to be no longer than 16 inches long. Dead air space (CO2 Build-up) is one factor that makes some full face snorkelling masks so dangerous and this has been the cause of several snorkelling deaths recently as CO2 build-up caused unconsciousness and drowning. If buying a full face snorkelling mask don't buy cheap and don't buy masks with a high volume of air space. ensure that the mask has an Oral Nasal that reduces breathable volume of dead air at the mouth/nose to the absolute minimum (Also has mushroom valves to prevent drawing through the rest of the redundant air space). Most of all for your own safety "Nobody should use a snorkel over 16 inches long"

Hi all - i got the aquarobo nemo and it is awesome. I did find one issue. My air supply line is taking on water oir moisture. I cant figure out where from though... is it possible that its humidity building up? Is it safe?

I have the original nemo that goes to 10 feet. To be honest I've used it a few times and it worked as advertised but I find I don't have areas that I think it would be useful. Going out deeper to the swim barriers might find a few things but I'm not that optimistic. Also I think it's hard to get neutral with weights- with scuba you can use your BC to adjust but otherwise you're either too heavy or too light.

Back
Top Bottom