Any Brie Cheese Eaters

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
While at my brother in laws wedding recently I had a taste of brie cheese for the first time, I really enjoyed it. My wife & daughter were grocery shopping the other day and my daughter said hey there is that cheese that dad was talking about and tossed it in the shopping cart. My wife got home and said "look what I got you", and she preceded to say "don't expect to have it very often" it was expensive. It was in a tube like container, only thing I didn't like is that white stuff on the outside of it. I just took a knife and tried to scoop the cheese out of the white stuff. I was wondering for those of you that eat it do you eat it on/with anything. I just ate it by itself but was thinking it would go great with some nice red wine & crackers. Not sure now what brand she got but it was in a package like in the picture I posted & it was $8.00

Attachments

• Brie-log-in-packaging-126x300.jpg
    Brie-log-in-packaging-126x300.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 105
club crackers/sardines add the cheese..................
We always had sardines in the house when my Dad was alive (he loved them) & I didn't mind them but I don't care for them any longer, not so much the taste of them as it is the idea/looks of them.

We always had sardines in the house when my Dad was alive (he loved them) & I didn't mind them but I don't care for them any longer, not so much the taste of them as it is the idea/looks of them.
i call sardines the poor mans caviar and they are very very good for you.

i call sardines the poor mans caviar and they are very very good for you.
Just goggled sardines and came up with this -

Sardines are rich in numerous nutrients that have been found to support cardiovascular health. They are one of the most concentrated sources of the omega-3 ...

Hmm, I heave heart stents, take meds including fish oil pills, maybe eating sardines is not a bad idea. Thanks for the heads up beerdoodle.

If I remember correctly you can get them in a few different ways, packed in oil/ketchup/etc. which ones do you like doodle.

Love it. A good brie, warmed up with real blackberry preserves on Wasa flatbread. Great stuff.

Sometimes I'll eat the rind if its good brie. Its almost as if you can tell the real quality not from the center but rather from how palatable the rind is.

on crackers with some of that spicey jelly....or better yet the Stilton cheese on a thin slice of toasted and buttered baguettes with the spicey jelly..;)

Just goggled sardines and came up with this -

Sardines are rich in numerous nutrients that have been found to support cardiovascular health. They are one of the most concentrated sources of the omega-3 ...

Hmm, I heave heart stents, take meds including fish oil pills, maybe eating sardines is not a bad idea. Thanks for the heads up beerdoodle.

If I remember correctly you can get them in a few different ways, packed in oil/ketchup/etc. which ones do you like doodle.
mustard sauce or a light oil. I used to eat 20-25 cans a month, but the cats kept following me.

generic brands are usually the chunks. the best are the brands that pack the entire fish. another tidbit is add fresh spinach leafs and malt vinegar..........

I was actually rambling about Brie...

Now.. Sardines? Hah.. I'm married to a Russian. I eat LOTS of sardines. She likes the bigger ones with bones and all, but I like em small and slippery with some horseradish, or mustard with a cracker. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom