Hello from NC

Welcome from Columbia SC. My suggestion is to do lots of research!

I think that is probably great advice. I know that as a newbie I probably don't have much chance of finding anything super awesome like a CSA belt buckle, but a minie ball or some buttons would be cool.

I think that is probably great advice. I know that as a newbie I probably don't have much chance of finding anything super awesome like a CSA belt buckle, but a minie ball or some buttons would be cool.

You would be surprised at how many really great finds are made by newbies. It all depends on what is under your coil. If you are where that kind of object was lost, you have just as much a chance to find it as a seasoned detectorist.

You would be surprised at how many really great finds are made by newbies. It all depends on what is under your coil. If you are where that kind of object was lost, you have just as much a chance to find it as a seasoned detectorist.

Thee was a big confederate encampment about 5 miles from my house. Maybe I will get lucky and find something on my land!

Welcome from the Dunn/Benson area of NC

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Welcome from WV!!!! You never know what you'll find. Sounds like you have a nice place to do some diggin'. When I started out, one of my very first finds was a 1942 silver Washington Quarter. Found it in the woods about 500 yards from the house. also, found a lead ball in the backyard....

I am new to the hobby and am interested in trying to find some civil war stuff.

:welcome2: from the Great Black Swamp in NW Ohio! Research will definitely be your best friend, and don't be afraid to read and reach out to some of the veteran detectorists here on the forum - lots of great advice to be found here!

If you're interested in finding other forum members in your area, check out our new Forum Member Map, and let me know if you'd like me to add a pin for you:
**Revived** Forum Member Map

Words of wisdom, right there! Absolutely true! Yes, skill plays a role, but you can't find what isn't there - and if it's there, there's no reason a newbie couldn't find it!

Back
Top Bottom