Equinox update version?

L0S3R

Elite Member
What is the current firmware version? I haven’t downloaded the updated yet, because the computer don’t get turned on as much anymore.

I just got my nox 600 recently, the box says it was updated in September with version 1.7.5

Is that the newest or do I need to pull out the computer?

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Sweet thank you! Couldn’t find it on google. Just kept taking me to the updater version.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token
15g!!

Awesome!

Matt.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Nox 800 Charger

I just bought a Nox 800 and I was looking for the charger... I am guessing that it doesn't come with one. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

I just bought a Nox 800 and I was looking for the charger... I am guessing that it doesn't come with one. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

You're guessing correctly - the Equinox doesn't not come with a charger, just the charging cable. I can only speculate on the rationale behind why Minelab didn't provide a charging box...here's a cut & paste from my thoughts in a different thread:

Part of me is thankful [that Minelab didn't include a charger box] - I've got a million and one chargers laying around the house, so the last thing I needed was another one. But that said, it would have been nice if they included a decent fast charge box that I could dedicate to the machine without having to resort to scavenging around the house looking for one that would work.

I would love to hear Minelab's rationale for leaving out the charger box. The cynical side of me says it's a way for them to limit their liability in case batteries start going bad. Easy for them to blame your wonky, unapproved charger box and avoid replacing the battery. But there could be less cynical reasons as well:

- Cost cutting to allow reasonable profit while still maintaining that more attractive $899 and $649 price tag (same reasoning for nixing the manual)

- Allows the customer more flexibility to attach the USB style cord to any type of charger (wall charger, cigarette style car port, or just a USB port, etc)

- Avoids the added expense of providing different international versions. Remember, outlet plugs vary from country to country. Minelab would either have to supply multiple adapters, or create a nightmare logistical scenario for themselves by producing different boxed versions for different countries. And again, there would be that pesky problem of another electronic device that Minelab would have responsibility for.

So in the end, while I agree it's odd and inconvenient, it makes a certain amount of logistical sense.

And honestly, the more I think about it, most of the rechargeable electronic devices that I buy now only come with a USB charge cord and not a full charger box.

Attachments

• 51XWSlLbovL._SL1000_.jpg
    51XWSlLbovL._SL1000_.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 164

I use this phone charger for my nox. Just thought I would share it may help. This is a fast charger and works well.

Attachments

• IMG_20190210_085515.jpg
    IMG_20190210_085515.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 136
Your rationale about the different types of chargers needed for a company that sells internationally makes total sense. However, it would have been really nice for them to include a charger with 3 USB ports so that I could charge everything at the same time using only 1 outlet. Oh well, that's my wishful thinking again at work!🤣

Back
Top Bottom