New Member Intro

X-Plorer

Hello, I've been interested in detecting for awhile and finally bought a detector with my Christmas money. It arrived last week so I'm looking forward to getting it out once this cold snap passes and the ground isn't frozen solid.

I live in Germany right now and hoping to find a few folks in the Ramstein or Kaiserslautern area. I would enjoy getting to pick the brain of someone who has experience; anything to straighten out the learning curve I'm sure I will have.

David

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Tell us what model detector you have and maybe one or more of the members might be familiar with it and can offer specific tips for that model.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

There are many you tube videos that cover different detectors. A good source of information when you are trying to learn.

David, welcome from Pittsburgh Pa. and to FMDF. What machine did you buy ? Lotta old history to be found . Good luck. HH Mark

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Tell us what model detector you have and maybe one or more of the members might be familiar with it and can offer specific tips for that model.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:
I researched and debated over a few beginner models. It was between the Garret 250 or Fisher F22. The F22 won out as it had the natively water resistant screen housing and I seemed to keep coming back to it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

There are many you tube videos that cover different detectors. A good source of information when you are trying to learn.
You nailed it... I just came to bed after 'accidentally' watching over an hour of tutorials.

David, welcome from Pittsburgh Pa. and to FMDF. What machine did you buy ? Lotta old history to be found . Good luck. HH Mark
Ultimately went with the Fisher F22. Seemed like it got consistently good reviews.

I have the Fisher F22 as well. So far I use it mostly for coinshooting and jewlery hunting. theres a custom mode you can run that allows you to change the tones for each category. I run the Iron Grunt for pretty much anything in the 1 or 2 categories, and mid-low on 3 and high tones on 6 + 4 and 5 get a bass tone. This machine loves to ring gold up as pull tabs so dig EVERYTHING in the mid to high 30's. youll pull up a million pull tabs but also a lot of nickels and possibly a few gold rings! Good luck and happy hunting!

Hi! I'm 57, have nothing to do, so I got a wild one up my arse and bought a used Torsoro Lobo Super, a new Makro pinpointer, Koss Accusound Pro headphones, a few hand picks,, classifier, pan, 4' sluice, several buckets, a shovel, and now I want to strike it RICH at the American river. Not too much to ask --- my only problem, I don't have a clue as to what i'm doing. I've been exhausting UT, and reading countless article's on it, but when it comes to the legalities---- will this be legal if i'm on federal land? I mean, I want to camp along the river, and there's no one out where i'm going (middle fork). Can I be at ease that i'm not breaking the law? I'll also be using one of those hand pumped 'sucker-uppers' for crevicing, that is of course, if it's legal. I understand dredging is illegal, but, is one of those tools really considered a dredge? I plan on staying 2 weeks at a time, then taking about a 3 day rest and doing it all over again until next winter hits. I grew up on that river in Rancho Cordova, and I always wonder as a kid if I would do what I use to seen so many others do at that young age. Didn't take me too long to talk myself into it.

Can anyone help me out concerning a new after market coil for my TLS. I'm BRAND NEW to this hobby so simplicity would be great. I want a coild that can find nuggets AND placer gold on the American. Lots of red clay there. Mof, as a child we use to call it, "The Claybanks" when we referred to the river. Anyway, I WANT GOLD, I don't care about anythong else. I also could use some direction in 'recalibration' for the new coil.. Where does a person take their box for calibration?

Thank You for taking the time to read my topic. Please, don't be shy.

I have the Fisher F22 as well. So far I use it mostly for coinshooting and jewlery hunting. theres a custom mode you can run that allows you to change the tones for each category. I run the Iron Grunt for pretty much anything in the 1 or 2 categories, and mid-low on 3 and high tones on 6 + 4 and 5 get a bass tone. This machine loves to ring gold up as pull tabs so dig EVERYTHING in the mid to high 30's. youll pull up a million pull tabs but also a lot of nickels and possibly a few gold rings! Good luck and happy hunting!
Awesome. Thanks for the advice... I understood most of it but 'Iron Grunt?'

Awesome. Thanks for the advice... I understood most of it but 'Iron Grunt?'

Iron Grunt is a tone it makes lower than the normal Low tone you would get for targets other than iron. Fisher designed it to where theres an all together different tone for iron targets. It sounds like sa grunt.

Back
Top Bottom