New Guy Go Easy

wolf-n-wa

Forum Supporter
Started detecting in Dec. started with a bounty hunter mark IV. That lasted about three months then bought a Whites DFX-300. Should have done more research. Lot of buttons and programs. WHOO Since my illustrious start at MDing i have found @10 mercs @10 silver rosies @20 Wheats, 1 1912 v-nickle, 4 buffaloes, @ $20 in clad and assorted other things. Lots of tabs sinkers nails etc. This hobby is addicting and am lookin to travel with my detector. So be warned I may knock on your door someday. HA-HA Do most of my MDing on the beaches @ Tacoma, Wa. Dirt is hard to dig. Plus I,m still learning the new machine. Will Invest in a camera someday soon and post finds. until then good luck and happy hunting to all. WOLF

hay Wolf,

Yes this hobby can be addicting.

It can frustrate some folks into quiting.

But odd old far+s like me get it bad.:p

No hope for us.:(

Be fore-warned.........:lol:

Happy Hunting,

Tabdog

Welcome to the forum glad you joined in with us . Sounds to me like you got pretty good places to hunt , alot of us have to struggle to find good stuff .
Congrats on your good finds . HH Harold

Welcome to the forum Wolf...yep, Washington not the greatest place to MD... you have a great detector though... and seem to be learning quickly. A site you may also want to frequent is www.dfxonly.com Both here and there offer a lot of help and advice... RickO

Thanx

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been a closet forum guy for a while. Decided you all are a great groop and joined. Learning curve?????? I just use the preset programs and off I go. I spend hours lookin at everyones finds until I cant take it no more and off I go. Rain, shine, 3am in the norning with a head lamp. Crazy HUH. agbkyle I've got relations in Webster, Oxford, and Charlton Mass. They all have property. I'll head that way soon maybe we could get together if I do.

Welcome to the forum.
Its addicting like my other hobby bbq.

The forums both say there is no 12 step program for these 2 addictions.

Mike

Wolf - Glad you showed up here - sounds like you are getting your share of the goods. On another forum there's a guy who has been digging a ton of stuff in Lake Washington. Steve in so az

And I am down here at the bottom of the state (Longview) between I5 and the Columbia.
Ya ever make it down here we can hit the river sands and dig all the nails and pull-tabs you want

Welcome Wolf, from northern California. Sounds like you hit the ground a runnin.

Glad to have you. Come knocking here and we'll go swingin.

Happy Hunting!!!!

Welcome to the forum!

wolf-n-was, glad you decided to join the forum. Also glad you're swinging a top-end detector.

You've obviously been picking the right spots to do some hunting. Are you only using he stock 12" coil with your DFX-300? It's not a bad coil for some applications, but is at its best in locations that are low-to-moderate mineralization. That's generally NOT around these North Western areas. :(

I live in NW Oregon and, while I DO like a concentric coil for some applications, I have switched over to mainly Double-D coils for use on my M6 and other models in this class. I've owned several DFXs and MXTs and in virtually all applications over the mineralized beaches along the Columbia and Willamette Rivers as well as other land sites, the D-D coils performed the best.

I also did pretty well with the 5.3 Eclipse which, although a concentric design, worked in and around brush and rubble and trash pretty well. Right now I am using the 6" DD Excelerator and 10X12 Excelerator SEF coils with my Matrix M6, but plan to do some field comparisons between it and White's new 10" DD coil.

The factory programs are good to start with and let you learn the basic characteristics of the DFX's performance. Once you're comfortable, start working with just one or two adjustment features at a time until you master the DFX.

Keep us posted on your detecting experiences, and may their be more silver on your next hunt.

Monte

Welcome to the forum and a Big Howdy From Alabama! You will really enjoy this board, it has a lot of addicts and answers to your questions.

Back
Top Bottom