I just discovered the XP Deus, the king of trashy areas?

Damianicus

Elite Member
I looked to see if anyone was talking about this video:

http://youtu.be/qWenrozQ58o?list=UU7Pvj7C1i7Awm151UqFQsGA

It seems the XP Deus was the superior machine when hunting in trashy areas, which I do. Even beating the CTX 3030.

I just bought an AT Pro but I might have doubled down if I'd seen this video first. It's just so freaking cool looking and for me, once you go wireless headphones it's hard to go back. If I do get a Deus it would be with an 11" coil. Though I'm wondering if the smaller stock coil is the Deus' reason for superior trash disc.

The 9 inch coil does really well in the iron. But to be honest I have seen very few targets picked up by the 9 inch that the 11 inch could not hear. The 11 inch coil is a very good coil. The Deus is a great detector to swing too. No detector does it all and the Deus has it's own weaknesses. But adding one to the detector arsenal is a smart move.

Well the most publicized would be the target ID. An accurate guess would be the way I describe the numbers. So if I'm hunting a well manicured lawn and each hole is vital then I know the limits of the Deus.

Another would be the Deus and round metal. The Deus can not say no to any round metal object. Iron rings, washers, all sound and look great to the Deus. I'm not really complaining because I have the I'll dig it anyways mentality. But I have detected these type targets and had them checked by E Tracs and MXT's. The operators flat out told me it was iron, but the Deus never let me know. Sure enough it was iron. very very much.

And of course I am a beach hunter as well. Or at least I like to think of myself as one. The Deus does not do salt water all that well.

If I had to pick one detector to own I would have to consider the Deus. I like it very very much. But no detector does it all.

I know I could probably switch to 4 kHz and pick up the iron hints better. But detectors like the CTX just plain do some things better.

Ok but from the video it seems the Deus kicks butt in iron areas. ID or not the 3030, ATP and others can't see that coin and that's not good/

Air test is one thing, in the ground another. I have heard great things about the deus the only negative is that the machine likes bottle caps. I run a ctx but will eventually be getting a deus as well because I think the two units together are a great pair. There isn't simply a detector that is great at all things!!

Well I'm enjoying my new ATP and will keep it for water, but I've seen the Deus with Remote & 11" coil for $1300ish on eBay. I might have to snag a deal like that.

Ive had my dues for less than a month but can say it is awesome in the iron. Ive never used a ctx but have used the AT Pro and in heavy iron it doesn't compare. Not really fair being the Pro is a lot cheaper but if you need a detector with crazy separation than the deus is very good. You can adjust the reactivity in seconds. If you turn it to max(setting 5) hold on tight its like selecting full auto on a machine gun lol Ive been hitting the spots I pounded with the Pro and pull up goodies every time Im out.

I'll be the guy bidding against you. :lol:

:(

Also the E-trac is going for as low as $800 used. Def two to watch out for used. There's a Deus now for $1200 without the remote but the remote is $500 new and I don't think they go used much. If I owned a Deus I'd want the remote.

Tune your 'ear' into the Deus and you will hear the iron.

With 2000+ years of farming in England the fields are full of iron, but I do not dig any iron.

On a side note:

My discrimination is down on 3.

I use no visual ID, all the finds are dug on sounds only.

:(

Also the E-trac is going for as low as $800 used. Def two to watch out for used. There's a Deus now for $1200 without the remote but the remote is $500 new and I don't think they go used much. If I owned a Deus I'd want the remote.

Kidding ..it's on my wish list but I can't really justify the expense right now.

The knock on it I hear of around here is that it doesn't like wet sand at the beach. if I get into coin shooting or relic hunting, I will def have a Deus. Great machines :yes:

I remember when the deus first came out , going by how it looked and before anybody knew anything about it I read speculations on just about all the web forums on how its probably cheaply made junk and not worth the asking price. It was such a new concept and not made in the U.S. so very few trusted the idea. Judging by how many really like it now it seems a lot of people judged it too soon.

I did get a test drive today at a civil war show and while it wasn't a field test I did like it.

Didn't buy it but I did score a free Xp Dues hat ...but I gave it to my 6 yr old because she liked it. :)

Well as far as I see, the next detector for me past the AT PRO is the Deus, the Etrac or the CTX3030.

Not that I'm ready to drop the AT PRO. Coming from the Ace 250 it's great. I feel I have the best all condition detector in this price range. It's just that in high trash areas I typically hunt in, I feel the Deus would find way more silver. And I'd still keep the ATPRO for beach, lake, creek hunting.

The CTX is just out of my price range. Haven't done this long enough to justify the cost. I do love the customization of both Minelabs. I'm a huge computer nerd I love more complex. I've just see both too many videos now of the Deus seeing coins in iron that the Etrac and CTX doesn't detect.

Back
Top Bottom