Who's ready for beach season? A couple projects. Pics back!

John W.H.

Elite Member
I'm ready! Tired of the snow and ready to get to the beach for some sun and sand! :sun: :detector: Did a couple small projects over the winter, First I built a floating sifter from an idea by Chicago Ron. Did mine a little bigger and used 1/4" screen. Great to use in calm waters, It clips on your belt and floats along side you. Just dig your target with your scoop, dump it in and let the water do the rest.

picture.php

Can't wait to try it out! Got a new sand scoop last fall and put some floatation on the handle. And lastly just a few days ago I put a longer handle on my shovel for digging those deep targets in the dry. The short handle that was on it was a back breaker, too much bending over! My DF is dyin' to get out!! ;)

picture.php

HH

Lets see, bought new dive flags, a new float, new booties, getting my old float repaired as I sit here, new dive flag poles.

Sent my CZ-21 back in to have something repaired right. Have 12 new batteries for my CZ-20 and 21.

My boats and canoe are still covered BUT will probably uncover them pretty soon.

All 10 of my tanks inspected filled and ready to go. 300.00 in air cards bought which will get me 60 tanks of air. Truck is ready.

Yep bring on spring!!

Nice floating sifter. Looks like you put the screen in the middle so you can flip it and use it without having to flip it again.

Good luck!!

I am just getting into water detecting. I am in the process of building a 90% non-metallic sifter so I can use a pinpointer in there. I got a big ol' RTG scoop which is a work of art. Now for the finds bag and some good water socks :)

Nice sifter....will come in handy on those pebble beach's.

Wow that's craftsmanship rite there!! If I were I hardcore beach hunter I would want one of thise screens floating me around in the water too :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom