frozen drool

ollievon

Elite Member
My son had two hockey games this weekend in the WAY north of New York State, one game was in Plattsburgh, the other 2 hours away in Potsdam, NY. My GPS told me to take The Military Turnpike straight as the crow flies between both towns, and although nothing but blowing snow and desolation there was quite a bit to day dream about hitting a I passed each old farm.

As I'm going along my wife goes "look, imagine hitting that!" and low and behold the ruins of an old tavern just sitting in field right off the road, amazing. Granted I'm sure anyone who lives up there probably knows this place and it's been slammed a zillion times, well, if it ain't it's a crime!

It's the remains of Robinsons Tavern built in 1823 and is surrounded by nothing but hayfields...OMG.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 255
  • rob2.JPG
    rob2.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 236
  • rob3.JPG
    rob3.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 242
My son had two hockey games this weekend in the WAY north of New York State, one game was in Plattsburgh, the other 2 hours away in Potsdam, NY. My GPS told me to take The Military Turnpike straight as the crow flies between both towns, and although nothing but blowing snow and desolation there was quite a bit to day dream about hitting a I passed each old farm.

As I'm going along my wife goes "look, imagine hitting that!" and low and behold the ruins of an old tavern just sitting in field right off the road, amazing. Granted I'm sure anyone who lives up there probably knows this place and it's been slammed a zillion times, well, if it ain't it's a crime!

It's the remains of Robinsons Tavern built in 1823 and is surrounded by nothing but hayfields...OMG.

find the land owner and ask if you can bush hog around the building. maybe you will find something others missed due to the brush.

I've been by that place a few times, Always wanted to detect it. Never had the time or knew who to ask. there is tons of places like that around here that are on my list.

Saw the title and had to read. Hope you get back to hunt it.

R5

Well, like I said it's WAY north of where I live (like 3.5 hours) so probably not going to hit it anytime soon since there is so much more around where I live and within an hour radius. I just felt compelled to post it.

I mean...how many of us have almost killed our family by driving off the road since we're too busy looking at places to hit? God knows I'm terrible during the winter here, once the leaves are off the trees I've got my infra-red eyeballs staring into the woods looking for any trace of a cellar hole, I get busted every time I hit the rumble strip by my wife

"You were thinking and looking for places to metal detecting again, right!!! OMG!"

I concur, offer to brush-hog and hunt it! :) I, too, drive along and wish I could detect about every piece of property I see.

Back
Top Bottom