Newby from The Gulf Coast

KennyM

Hey yall I am from actually Wade,Ms 20 minutes north of Pascagoula.
I am for sure new to detecting cause I have never even held one till the day ours came in.
I didnt know what to get so I ordered a minelab Eq 800 and got one of those Garrett pro pointers. I have no idea what Im doing so we just gonna read up and keep going. Its like my wife said that I needed another hobby like I needed with Drag racing and Rc flying.
Im really getting my health though not going as good as I like and kinda on the other side of the hill mark. I aint trying to get rich,just want something for me and the wife to do sometimes. Anyway I am glad I found yall and look forward to talk to yall.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

There are other members with that model that can help, in the meantime here's a video -

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome! The 800 is a good machine with a little patience and some learning

:fmdfwelcome: We are glad to have you! This is the best metal detecting forum I know of, and I think you'll soon discover there are lots of helpful members here! When I was quite new to the hobby, I discovered that there are some YouTube channels, like NuggetNoggin, which are also helpful in getting the hang of it. I hope that you and your wife have lots of fun with your new hobby! We'll look forward to reading your posts.

Hey yall I am so so sorry its taken me so long to swing back here, My wife and I have been battling the flu bug back and forth and with trying to keep up with the animal rescue ,we have had the worst year starting out. We had two with cancer above their teens that their health took a bad turn and then the other had a mass tumor and she also had some internal issues as well being 12 years old.It looks like alot of us all over the map has had some bad weather, Yall up north are catching it bad . I feel for yall. My wife is from seattle so I didnt know what snow was till I moved up there and realized that I didnt get along with the white stuff-lolo,
Was told that Mobile. Al is the rainiest city in the USA and well we are 20 minutes from there-soooo we get it before them.lol
I did go out a few weeks ago in the yard and got some ole piece of pipe, Beer tab.used up tube of RTV silicone and a nut.
Then the other day I went over to a park to just do a top of the ground scratch hunt well I won , I got more can pull tabs ans snuff can top and some gum foil.
Of all of this I still cant find my dang 10 mm sockets-lolo.
On top of all though I had a good time even though I had no idea ath the time what I was doing-lolo. I ordered a book called Minelab EQUINOX from beginner to the advanced by Clive James Clynick. Very nice man and I hope to dig int th it next few weeks.
Thank all of yall for having patience with me on this. I sure have read every post and seen the video and maybe with all the help I can make enough money in the next 20 years to buy a coke with it-lolo,

Welcome to the hobby and the forum from Wisconsin's frozen Tundra. Trapper

Shoot yall are frozen bigtime. After I posted yesterday we woke to see the bad news that lee county Al got blasted bad and they had 23 confirmed on that this morning. I dont know about the toll now. The Ef 3 was almost 1/2 mile wide at a40 mph winds. I delivered some storm relief back few years back to Holly Springs .Ms that got a Ef 5 that went 3 states.----I rode out Hurricane Camille and all the way through Katrina and did ok but,these cold fronts with these pop up storms with these tornados are scary.---I guess nomatter where we all live we have to deal with something. -- I just want you to try and stay warm and hope this mess passes by.

Back
Top Bottom