• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Complete Newbie

Gundoger

Hello All, newbie from New Mexico. I have never done any detecting before but I am pretty sure I will like it. It will also get me out of the house and get some exercise besides walking on concrete sidewalks. I have a very bad back and the concrete makes it hurt bad after just a couple of blocks. I read somewhere that the F5 is a good beginner detector and once you get to know the machine it's also a good intermediate detector. So I am planning on ordering one next week.

Welcome from Boston. Zero degrees (F) here yesterday, with snow and solid ice on the ground, so no detecting around here, except maybe those crazy guys down at ocean beaches :laughing:

Good luck and have fun in this new hobby. Any detecting clubs near you?

Jim

Hello All, newbie from New Mexico. I have never done any detecting before but I am pretty sure I will like it. It will also get me out of the house and get some exercise besides walking on concrete sidewalks. I have a very bad back and the concrete makes it hurt bad after just a couple of blocks. I read somewhere that the F5 is a good beginner detector and once you get to know the machine it's also a good intermediate detector. So I am planning on ordering one next week.

My first detector was a Fisher F5. Great starter, I found many gold and silver rings it the dry sand at the beach

Back
Top Bottom