Do I Need A New Coil, Fisher F5?

fuzzytexan

Forum Supporter
I am running a Fisher F5 with the 11in DD coil. My soil is mineralized in East Texas, and I am hunting in home sites where the homes have been moved or demolished so trash is expected.

I am looking at the NEL 5x9 Sharp Shooter. Do I really need a new coil or do I just keep digging?

If not the NEL 5x9 Sharp Shooter what coil?

Thanks for your input!

Fuzzy

I've used my F2 with the 4" gold coil with no problems in East Texas.

Maybe adjust the discrimination?

I am running a Fisher F5 with the 11in DD coil. My soil is mineralized in East Texas, and I am hunting in home sites where the homes have been moved or demolished so trash is expected.

I am looking at the NEL 5x9 Sharp Shooter. Do I really need a new coil or do I just keep digging?

If not the NEL 5x9 Sharp Shooter what coil?

Thanks for your input!

Fuzzy

I ran the exactly the same set up for 3 years and had great success. I'd say save your money.

Coil choice is a pretty personal decision to give advice on. My experience has been usually I am disappointed and cost exceeded improved finds. There are some situation where a specialized coil is a big help. If you have a club or can find experienced users in your area with similar equipment see what they say. Take what they say with a grain of salt and balance all advice. Good luck!

Are you getting a lot of feedback..chatter? If so there are things you can do with the machine but if you ate deaf set on a new coil the Nel hunter is a great coil. It has much better shielding in the coil and cable than the original and does help cut down on interference..so before you do that plz tell us what problem you ate having

Back
Top Bottom