Plan For Tomorrow

SW Iowa Digger

Elite Member
1 Wait and go crazy until mail is delivered.
2 open box
3 read manual
4 update my profile here to show my machine.
5 install batteries and go hunting
6 listen watch and learn what machine is telling me
7 come home and post some really great finds on here LOL
Sounds like a great day to me

1 Wait and go crazy until mail is delivered.
2 open box
3 read manual
4 update my profile here to show my machine.
5 install batteries and go hunting
6 listen watch and learn what machine is telling me
7 come home and post some really great finds on here LOL
Sounds like a great day to me

Sounds good good good show us your finds

congrats on the new machine! :D
will be looking forward to seeing some of your finds!

Pete

tip: this is just my thoughts, but start off with a fairly low sensitivity setting. that way you won't be hearing every single target within it's depth range. that will make for easier pin pointing and target locating. if you crank it too high, then you could easily be overwhelmed by signals and it can get a bit mind boggling if you're hearing too much at once.
once you know the machine a bit better and you have those easy shallow targets out of the way, crank 'er up and go for the deeper stuff. ;)

Are you back yet? I wanna see... Maybe I should give him a bit of time?:D
first hunt.jpg Here ya go

38 cents in modern coin 2 wheaties, 1 mercury dime 1 uncle sam 5 cent play coin (I was hoping it was a token) 3 ghost targets (dug and dug gave up at about 10 to 12 inches) 9 junkers Also I ran the machine in the factory coin mode and did not change any of the settings

Regarding those ghost targets....If you don't already have one, a handheld pinpointer can be very helpful. Targets that are just off to the side of your hole won't be found unless you widen your dig area. In many cases, a pp narrows it down so you don't have to widen the entire circumference of the hole.

Also, some targets are so large that they will keep sounding your machine off, long after you've reached the "I ain't diggin' any deeper" point. Raise your coil up 4-5" above the ground and swing it over a ghost target. If your machine is still ringing hard on it, its probably a BIG target.....most likely a large chunk of metal most people would refer to as "junk". -Or a treasure chest full of enough loot to retire on. Who knows? :grin:

Back
Top Bottom