Greetings

G

GoinSouth

Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum and wanted to make myself known because i'm sure i'll be making a pest of myself. I turned 50 this last summer and decided to retire to the desert and seek my fortune. Sure could use some advice on gold detecting and which detectors are the best for smaller nuggets. Not really interested in coins or relics just the nugs. Also looking for interesting books, dvd's, or websites that will get me going on the right track. Thanks for the assistance and i'll be back soon. GS.:tumble:

Goinsouth:

Retire at 50??? Congratulations! I will probably work till I'm 75.
sSig_hi.gif
Oh by the way, Welcome to the forums, I'm sure you find the answers you are looking for here. Great bunch of people full of knowledge.

Hey goin, cant help much with the detector I'm pretty new at this myself. But I can at least say welcome to the forum and good luck. 50 and retired WOW I'm with Gander I probably wont get out of the shipyard until I'm 100. WOLF

Welcome to the forum from northern California. You're sure to get lots of advice here regards detecting for gold.

I recently attended a demonstration by Jimmy Sierra of the new White's TDI Pulse MD. While I'm not experienced at using my MD for prospecting, there were several in the room who are...they were all very impressed.

Happy Hunting. We're glad you're here.

Glad to have you. There is quite a selection of Gold prospecting detectors out there... hope you find a good one!

Welcome...... I was forced to retire back in 2002 at 58 due to an injury..... gives me more time to detect ! :lol:

Not much gold in my area..... other then rings and things.... good luck out there in the desert.... stay safe.....

Welcome to the forum and A Big Howdy From Alabama!
I've been in research mode for the same thing for the last couple of months and have found that the general consensus is that the Fisher Gold Bug II and the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq is the Two Preferred dedicated detectors in the gold territory of the west and Alaska followed by the Whites MXT, which many folks use with great success. The Gold Bug II runs at the highest frequencey of around 70Khz which means it's best for the finer nuggets. The Minelab Eureka Gold is another good detector but alittle pricey at 900.00. If your going to spend that much I would be better to spend a little more and get the Whites TDI at 1400.00 and have something on par with the more expensive Minelabs. But for VLF Detectors with good discrimination the Gold Bug II, the Lobo Super Traq (with the famous lifetime warranty)and the MXT can't be beat. Hope this helps, but it's just my two cents from my research.

Back
Top Bottom