Vacation Real Soon

Westernlegend1

Moved On
Looks like tomarrow instead of next week, off to Wiscosnin, visiting family and stuff like that. I hope to get in some metal detecting and pictures of places for the treasure stories if possible. We got my grandson a metal detector. My wife picked it up and he can't even walk yet (2 months old).
Here is his first metal detector.

Attachments

• top of the line.jpg
    top of the line.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 140
wheare abouts in wisconsin? also that kiddie detector looks a lil more high tech than mine
if you get out there post your finds i would be interested in what you turn up

Looks like a nice present, just don't wear it out before your grandson gets a chance to use it :)
Have a nice trip.

We're off tomorrow too, for a break in North Wales. I'll put a detector in the car, just in case :)

Everyone have a good vacation and good luck dirt fishing . Drive careful and come back safe and sound . HH Harold

Reached Mississippi River at Winona Minnesota, tomarrow is a schudeled work day, I haven't told my boss back in Montana Yet. :lol:

In Wisconsin now, more relation to visit. I do have a chore to attend to once I return home. My mother has been writing her childhood memories down and I'll be typing it up and turning it into a family book for her. I asked if she put down about the time she stole a box of cayons and was too scared to use them and they melted. She said no and I told her it should be included cause it was a good story.

I also found out my ma's dad (my grandfather) ran moonshine during the hard times to feed the kids. Grandma got mad and set the barn on fire and then got scared and ran inside to save the booze. She got it all out but then she was a drinker herself.

I did run into a interesting situation once I got to the ghost town of Agenda also. A fella was working on a garage there and he got down off his ladder and we started to talk. It turned out he knew my dad and his dad bought the last building that was then standing at the site which is an old tavern. Later ma told me his dad was a moffia fella from Chicago, he was a friend of my dads. I guess back in the old days they would steal loads off semi-trucks down in the cities and sell the stuff up north where we lived. As a kid all the nice toys he brought up to us were well recieved.

Sounds like a nice visit, hope you enjoyed the Fall Colorama.
How did that detector do? Any reviews? There are a few on the internet.
Thinking about getting one for the grandkids to share at the tot lots with me.
Christmas is coming and he doesn't look good swinging his toy weedeater.
He melts my heart doing that and saying "I'm metal detecting like PaPa Don.
I really need to talk with Santa about this, but your input would be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom