Endless Targets at Least

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
After Friday’s boring and relatively targetless hunt (at least for my standards), I decided I would hit “Penny Beach” at dawn for the 8:30 am low tide. It was a hunt just like I like them with lots of targets! Although I’ve had modest success with some gold there it’s not a beach that many detectorists go to because they’d rather hit sexy South Beach. The excitement came when about half way through my 5 hour hunt when I picked up the cross which I thought might be gold. After some rubbing with some sand to remove some tarnish which happens to gold on this beach, it was evident that my month long slump would continue. :( At the end of my hunt, I was very surprised that I ran into another detectorist on this beach. Rarely have I seen this beach detected by others. We chatted for a bit and he hadn’t picked up any gold either. What was really funny is that he told me he went to that beach because he said he counted 16 other pirates on South Beach yesterday. :roll: I thought I would hit 100 coins for my totals, but I was actually surprised that I passed that with just pennies. (Craig as you can see they’re almost all in good shape so don’t be a bully! :lol:) No gold today but I had a very enjoyable morning with a decent haul of clad. :yes:

Attachments

• 6-10-16.jpg
    6-10-16.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 394
  • 6-10-16 Medals.jpg
    6-10-16 Medals.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 393
I can see why you call it Penny Beach. Seriously though that's a good haul, at least by my standards. I've never found more than $5 clad in a single hunt.

Gotta get some gold sooner or later digging all that!

I scooped one Felix today for my only coin, and four other targets...

<°)))>{

Felix, don't despair over the shortfall in the abundance of mind blowing targets.

You have in your possession a treasure of much greater value than anything dug from this earth, and you apparently have an abundance of it.

This possession is called honesty by some and integrity by others, but regardless of how it's described, I have ultimate respect for the few people who aren't afraid to openly display it.

My hunt today was only about three hours long and produced a grand total of $0.66 cents in clad, a neat aluminum (albeit of $0.00 in value) cable connector, some wine bottle caps and other assorted objects which some may consider trash, but I call "finds" regardless of their lowly status as pull tabs.

I did find a 1909 Indian Head cent in near perfect condition today, but I won't post a photo or extrapolate on it any further since I've read on the forum that anyone finding less than 1000 Indian Heads, all with dates prior to 1900, are rated basically the same as someone finding Memorials and Shield cents.

It is refreshing to see a post from someone in Florida who admits that they haven't located the Black Pearl and aren't afraid to admit they really aren't in possession of tons of gold and a kings ransom in jewels.

Congratulations on your finds and much thanks for the great post.

AT Pro/GPP/Fiskars Diggers

Wow that's a lot of digging Felix. Where there are pennies the is also gold. Better luck next time.

Dude! Thats a pisspotOpennies! Too many in fact for this to be accidental random beach drops!

Somebodies gotta be sitting up on the deck of their Condo tossing out rolls of pennies for you! You are certainly well worth the entertainment they get watching you everyday, I know WE do!...I bet they are on some sort of forum even, telling all their friends!...with footage of you dinking around every morning with that boufant hair and Krocs, scooping up all of those pennies!...:laughing:

Tomorrow, hunt Heads up and take a look around for the wiseguy maybe? If you are lucky, maybe its some rich old Lady, and she waves you up for a breakfast Mimosa? This could really go well for you if you play it right!:laughing:
Mud

Back
Top Bottom