• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

vintage case of beer

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
My mother picked this case of beer up at a yard sale years ago. She just gave them to me. Anyone know the age and value? Its not my cup of tea so I will be selling the case, was just trying to get a ballpark figure. Sorry about the computer pics but part if the gift is finding it in the attic :p Thanks!

Attachments

• 20151214_170913.jpg
    20151214_170913.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 868
  • 20151214_170924.jpg
    20151214_170924.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 762
  • 20151214_170932.jpg
    20151214_170932.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 764
  • 20151214_170948.jpg
    20151214_170948.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 785
Did ya Google it? :?:

Just a brief google search provided me with an age estimate...they were only.produced between 1933-1950. Then Schaefer bought the company. Im hoping it will fetch quite a bit considering the great condition these are in.

Just located the case here's more photos of the individual bottles.

Attachments

• 20151214_203610.jpg
    20151214_203610.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 727
  • 20151214_203700.jpg
    20151214_203700.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 747
If that's a 6 then a period the date of that bottle is 1946. I see the Owens-Illinois logo (diamond and circle). Some people collect label beer bottles that are full, but some don't (because of the weight). The fact that they are full may or may not add value. The case is not bad condition at all. I see many worse and they still sell. You could take some really nice pics with a good description and put it on Craigslist and see what happens. Beverwyck would be more desirable to collectors out East compared to where I'm at (indiana) so I wouldn't know the value, but if I had that case of bottles sitting in front of me right now, I'd be happy to get at least $65 to 75 or more.

Hope that helps.

If that's a 6 then a period the date of that bottle is 1946. I see the Owens-Illinois logo (diamond and circle). Some people collect label beer bottles that are full, but some don't (because of the weight). The fact that they are full may or may not add value. The case is not bad condition at all. I see many worse and they still sell. You could take some really nice pics with a good description and put it on Craigslist and see what happens. Beverwyck would be more desirable to collectors out East compared to where I'm at (indiana) so I wouldn't know the value, but if I had that case of bottles sitting in front of me right now, I'd be happy to get at least $65 to 75 or more.

Hope that helps.

Thank you glass hopper it certainly helps! Its a shame I couldn't put it on eBay and have a nice auction. I have emailed a well known appraiser and am hoping to hear nack from him tomorrow. I was thinking the crate alone might go for 50-75$. Im no expert which is why im asking for help. I really thought this case (being a complete case ) in such good condition would bring a couple hundred but I will keep you all posted with what the appraiser says thanks again!

Thank you glass hopper it certainly helps! Its a shame I couldn't put it on eBay and have a nice auction. I have emailed a well known appraiser and am hoping to hear nack from him tomorrow. I was thinking the crate alone might go for 50-75$. Im no expert which is why im asking for help. I really thought this case (being a complete case ) in such good condition would bring a couple hundred but I will keep you all posted with what the appraiser says thanks again!

Yes the crate alone could bring that or more, depending who buys it and how bad they want it. Remember, though, an appraisal is one thing and it's the actual buyer at the time of sale that really matters. :yes:

Yes the crate alone could bring that or more, depending who buys it and how bad they want it. Remember, though, an appraisal is one thing and it's the actual buyer at the time of sale that really matters. :yes:

Understood :yes: thanks for all your help. I want to get a ballpark estimate of the whole lot to see where I should set the price. I will go with craigslist first. If that doesn't work I know a few antique dealers that have sold individual bottles for me before they might like to have something like this in there shop.

Craigslist is about the same as a flea market. Unless you find a serious collector, you can expect flea market prices. It is cool, but even at $50 on craigslist it might be a hard sell. There have to be vintage beer bottle collecting forums on the interwebs.

I myself would have to carefully remove a top and test drive one. Let's us know how it tastes if you do. Pulled an old 53 Chevy car out of a garage once and a pint of Old Crow underneath still sealed. Wasn't bad - for Old Crow!

I myself would have to carefully remove a top and test drive one. Let's us know how it tastes if you do. Pulled an old 53 Chevy car out of a garage once and a pint of Old Crow underneath still sealed. Wasn't bad - for Old Crow!

Ill detect in the middle of the woods by myself in the pitch black, but im not sure I have the cojones to sip this stuff. If it were hard booze i would but i can tell a skunk beer from sitting in the fridge for a year, cant imagine the taste of 70 years lol. Plus there black stuff settling at the bottom :laughing: im not sure id even live to tell you how it tasted :lol:

"Old Crow" was the first hard liquor I got drunk on in high school.
Just reading the name turns my stomach over lol.

"Old Crow" was the first hard liquor I got drunk on in high school.
Just reading the name turns my stomach over lol.

College for me, pledging my fraternity. It was a memory for sure, just not sure if good or bad...... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom