White's Surf PI or Fisher CZ-21 PI

Numil

Elite Member
I've pretty much narrowed my choice of water detector down to these two choices (see title). White's for about $800 and the Fisher for about $1,000. A $300 difference.

The whites has a 12" coil the Fisher a 10" or 8" your choice. Is a 12" coil too big to the point it feels clumsy?

Whites has a slightly buoyant coil ( not sure I like that) and don't know about the fishers buoyancy.

So is the extra $300 for the Fisher worth it? What's the pay off for the extra cash? Does it do that much better in the water?

Both are PI and dual field

Decisions decisions. Any help greatly appreciated!

get the cz! thats what I'm saving for now :) its not a pi its dual freq detector so you can discriminate. awesome detector from what I've heard. I would buy the cz21.

I'd go CZ, it's not a PI but a dual Freq detector like shepherd said. Its easy to use, simple tones, goes super deep, and can be used on land like its land based CZ counterparts. I love the 10.5 spider coils on them. I've had a few on my CZ7's.

Thanks on the correction. Yes the CZ is a VLF dual frequency. How's the discrimination on it. What I really mean is it seems like you can't eliminate select targets only a threshold setting or at least that's the way it looks. Set it too high and I'll miss the 10k rings and cheap stuff.

to different machines

The Cz21 has disc it is a vlf machine dual frequency, the whites surf pi is a deep seeking pi with a 12 inch coil with a 6 in the middle called DF, my favorite machine is the Pi Df, the yellow df coil is allsome , now if your beaches are iron infested I would go with the Cz21 with disc, if they are not iron infested go with the Whites Surf pi Df, the machine is hard to beat, both machines would be great, I have 2 Excals , Cz20, and the Surf pi df, a PI and Cz21 would be all you need , except for a GT , happy hunting Earl

Back
Top Bottom