Time for upgrade...

Mental Detector

I have been using (please don't laugh) a super nifty Radio Shack Discovery 2000. (Apparently its actually a Bounty Hunter something-or-other). I had two brothers who bought them together, and when one passed away, his passed on to me. So my other brother and I have been using them for a while now, and we have found some pretty cool stuff with them, including a gold ring (using the gold nugget coil) ..so no laughing.

But we're getting more serious about this it's time to upgrade, and since I am taking a trip to Norway and Finland, I am waiting till I get back to purchase a good mid-range detector. 300-399 tops.

I was originally going to get the Ace 350, but the not waterproof thing really turned me off. not that I want or expect to do any water hunting, but this seems to be *really* not waterproof, and I have no issue doing a little detecting in the rain. on the 350 it's just a simple design issue with the control box, sloping downward so all the water runs down..it just ticks me off..lol

it seems everyone here is pleased with the Eurotek Pro. So far I like everything about it, minus the no ground balance thing. But I am ok with the turning the sensitivity down thing, and as for the beach, the reason my brother and I like beach hunting so much is because DRY SAND is easy digging on our getting old selves.

So I am pretty sure it will be a Eurotek Pro but I have a couple of questions...

1. hunting in the rain, and submerging the coil??? can I do that?

2. Which coil is best? difference between a DD coil and Concentric, is DD better? that was why I was gonna get the 350 over the 250...but it seems it is an option with the Eurotek

3. the threads I read were a bit old, can anyone suggest a reputable dealer or should I just buy it off of Amazon and get it in 2 days with my Prime??

Thanks for the help!

oh, I should add most of our time is spent relic hunting, woods, parks, only once in a while at the beach....

WOW! That was very educational! I didn't even know I wanted to know that!:laughing: I read all of it, and apparently I need a couple of coils. Maybe three. Perhaps a couple of detectors. I WANT IT ALL!!!!

Keep an eye out for used units. It's how I've always been able to get a much more expensive unit for a less expensive price!

Of course, be very judicial in what you come across.

Etp

Euro Tek pro 11dd under 300.00, is the way to go as far as Land hunting, the GT ,for the beach, I have seen the ETP used at the beach ,but keep in mind , single frequency machines are not the best at the beach, a rain cover for the head will keep it dry under light rain conditions, enjoy,Earl

Euro Tek pro 11dd under 300.00, is the way to go as far as Land hunting, the GT ,for the beach, I have seen the ETP used at the beach ,but keep in mind , single frequency machines are not the best at the beach, a rain cover for the head will keep it dry under light rain conditions, enjoy,Earl

Great advice! The Teknetics EuroTek Pro is a great metal detector!

If

You want to hunt in the rain, and submerge the entire machine in fresh water, I suggest a ATPRO, Bart-BBH can hook you up with anything you want, just give him a call, he gave me a sweet deal, on a Omega 8000, highly recommended, Earl

I used the 350 in the water, just don't drowned it! Always use the control box cover in the rain. I don't think you'll find a fully submergible detector for your price range( maybe a used ATP) I'm a fan of DD coils. Good luck with your purchase.

Thanks for all the replies and help... I received a nice surprise when I got back from my European vacation...a box from Kellyco with a brand new Eurotek Pro in it!!!! My husband ordered it for me while we were gone.

Although he turns his nose up at my hobby and says its "dorky", he still went looking over my shoulder at my laptop (hey...wait a second..that wasn't nice) and saw me looking at the Eurotek, I remember he asked me too.."is that the one you want?" I have had some health problems and he was trying to make me smile....it worked! brownie points for him!

Thanks for all the replies and help... I received a nice surprise when I got back from my European vacation...a box from Kellyco with a brand new Eurotek Pro in it!!!! My husband ordered it for me while we were gone.

Although he turns his nose up at my hobby and says its "dorky", he still went looking over my shoulder at my laptop (hey...wait a second..that wasn't nice) and saw me looking at the Eurotek, I remember he asked me too.."is that the one you want?" I have had some health problems and he was trying to make me smile....it worked! brownie points for him!
You got yourself a good detector, enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom