AT Pro headphone cord

HighFlyer

Elite Member
OK guys, the cable on my AT Pro headphones is like a worn-out old-school telephone cord... it bunches and balls up constantly. It's getting seriously annoying now. The phones keep getting yanked off my head because I have such a short cord with it all tangled into a mess. I'm constantly pulling on it trying to get it un-kinked.

Is there an easy fix other than replacing the headphones?

Unhook it from the machine and work it out...

Mine is almost getting too long!

<*)))>{

Unhook it from the machine and work it out...

<*)))>{

Thank you Mr. Obvious! ;) I'll try taking it completely off and see if I can get it to hang straight without kinking itself back up. I've messed with it while it was still attached, spinning the phones this way or that way, and every time it just goes back into snake monster mode. Maybe taking it off and working with it will do the trick. If that doesn't work, I'll end up having to look into something else. I can't keep dealing with it pulling on me.

Yep, taking it off is the trick...

Then start working near the phones and let the other end do what it may..

I have had to do the same...

<*)))>{

Would stretching and pulling on it make it worse or better you think? It seems like with the old phone cords it always makes 'em worse.

I hate coiled cords... I got some high-end music headphones last year, and I opted for the rarer variety straight-cord version because I really abhor coiled cords once they start kinking up.. and it seems like they all do eventually.

Have you ever seen those attachments you can get for a phone handset cord, it's like a barrel swivel for fishing... it allows the cord to spin. What a great invention. The cords will stay nice and new looking if you use one. I wish there was one for the Garret plug!

Back
Top Bottom