I'm going to hunt a cemetary and you can't stop me

Brimania

Ok, so it's not exactly like that. I've actually been asked by the Roman Catholic Church to help them find some markers, but since this has been a contentious subject, I thought I would give some of you a chuckle.

I'll bet you were <---this---> close to getting some of the most angry PMs from some people. Heck, you still might.

Enjoy the sh*tstorm coming your way.

Trouble maker

You are most definitely a trouble maker! I knew I liked you for some reason. Good luck with the hunt, and with the kidnapping of your detectors (Ok it won't be that bad). Artie

How do you lose markers? Maybe someone sold them to the scrapyard. Most markers are made of stone...

I hunted an old rural cemetery some years ago. Plenty interesting markers but no targets. There just wasn't much activity in such a small unkept cemetery. I was careful to never to step on or pass my detector over a grave but I definitely had some issues with ground balance! Go figure...

How much do you guys want to bet that this threads gonna be closed soon?? All it is, is looking for trouble. If you do anything to look for money or relics for personal gain you will be in the wrong, but if it's is purely to help find the grave stones I don't care.

Ha-Ha-Ha....but the jokes on the naysayers. For several years I have worked with a historical cemetery and my digging buddy and I have had excellent luck locating lost and unrecorded graves therein using a metal detector. The stone or concrete markers were often cast or carved in several pieces and then linked with iron rods, rebar or, in some cases, long bolts. Markers are lost when the graves collapse, the stones tumble in and are consumed by the sunken grave. Some markers are simply brass, bronze or iron plaques which are then mounted on concrete or rock bases. These were just placed on the grave and eventually fell victim to errosion and lack of weed control which buried them. The dead gives up their secrets in strange ways when they are ready to be located. In the late 1800's/early 1900's, wooden pots with metal bands, holding silk flowers wound on iron wire were frequently placed on the graves. Although the stone or marker may have long disappeared below the surface, the iron signature of the bands from the rotted pots and disintegrated flowers is still easily found with a metal detector. And, if you hear noises from the grave it is likely from those departed who are astounded by your skill in finding them after decades of being lost.

Caressing Mother Earth in such a way she gladly gives up her treasures

AT Pro/Garrett Pro Pointer Fiskars Digger Bounty Hunter Outback

And, if you hear noises from the grave it is likely from those departed who are astounded by your skill in finding them after decades of being lost.

I used to volunteer to photograph old tombstones and many a times heard the creepiest of sounds coming from some of the 1800's cemeteries. All this time I reasoned it must be gophers, but you're telling me I was being watched? :shock:

Back
Top Bottom