MXT advice

meteorman

Need a little advice from you experienced White's guys. I will also ask Tony for advice on this, but what would you say are the most important accesories to pick up. I got a coupon for $150 in accesories from White's. I am thinking another coil? or maybe a bullseye pinpointer? Can't afford both after buying my new detector. What do you think? thanks

I'd go with the pinpointer first but look into another coil as soon as it is possible. At which point you can decide which other coil to get. :grin: There are a lot of choices and different opinions on that subject. Good luck, you picked a very good machine.

Get the pinpointer first. If you hunt trashy areas you will need a smaller coil. Rob

I'd say smaller coil but I'm outnumbered :lol:
I don't like the Bullseye a lot. I like the Vibraprobe more.

I would get a pinpointer first but like Tony said, bullseyes aren't real good. I think I would go with the coil first and then look for a pinpointer elsewhere ( soon ). You did get one of the best machines out there in my biased opinion. HH fellow South Dakotan.

I think I will get the smaller white's coil, and pick up a pinpointer for Christmas.  I heard South Dakota ground is hard on coils.  Have you heard that DeepBeeps??? :lol:  (inside joke) BTW thanks for the advise, sounds like I definitely need both

My opinion is that a pinpointer is great to have. You may or may not need the second coil to start out. It depends on the type hunting you plan to do.

I would go with a smaller coil and then pick up a vibra-probe. Make sure to get a coil cover to go along with it.

I sent in for the 5.3" eclipse coil today. As far as the pinpointer, I can see why you guys said it was so important. In my first couple outings I see how easy it is for a coin to hide in a little bit of dirt or sand.

I'd have went with the pinpointer first but you made a good choice on coils. Since I have got my 5.3 eclipse the stock coil has set 98% of the time. This coil will really help distinguish good targets from bad in trashy areas. Don't be afraid to dig those iffy signals with the 5.3, you'll get a nice surprise once in awhile. Good luck the 5.3

May the good lord have mercy on you if you break that thing, White's sure wont, especially on your pocketbook. Half-way kidding, it's a good machine. Get the pinpointer, good stuff.

Bri-

I wish I had a pinpointer, but I have to wait for Christmas (I think I am getting a gift certificate for MD accesories). I tried out my Eclipse 5.3 coil today. Found a few coins, but the ground is frozen, even in the tot lot wood chips. I could only collect coins in the top inch or so. :( Will have to wait for spring to try out the small coil against the stock 9.5 eclipse coil.

Back
Top Bottom