• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Charity rally finds, England.

Doug

Elite Member
I had a invite to a local charity dig last week.

The fields were in winter barley stubble.

We had the pleasure of a forum member from the US join us whilst she was in the UK on vacation.

Deus Lite with the stock 9" coil running the Deus Fast program.

All proceeds of the rally went to:

Whizz-Kidz :

Who work hard to transform the lives of disabled children across the UK, supporting them to become confident and independent young adults.

Thanks for looking.............Doug.

Coins spanning all ages, 3 coins top left 2nd/3rd century, bottom right modern £1 coin.
YGIVxgK.jpg

Far left, animal horn protector.
eUkNK4p.jpg

Late 18th or early 19th century whistle.
WVWQwy6.jpg

Elizabeth 1st silver coin.
8R5plDe.jpg

Young Victoria 'Groat'. (4 pence)
EiCPy2G.jpg

Stirrup shaped 12th/13th century ring.
zzVDMsX.jpg

aw7nu4L.jpg

Unknown livery button.
unll1XW.jpg

Amazing ancient stuff as usual, very nice! That ring, as old as it is, looks better than 90% of the ones I dig up here. And coins from the 2nd and 3rd century, my word, I'm all jealous. I wish I had been into detecting when I visited your fine country decades ago. Nicely done. Looks like a good time was had for a good cause. :yes:

Great pics of your finds Doug! I had a great time digging with you and the other crazy diggers! Thanks for giving me that awesome ring! My club will enjoy seeing it for sure. My "Edward III farthing" has been reidentified as Henry VIII half penny! :0

Nice finds Doug! The span of age is incredible on your finds over there. Thanks for supporting an organization like that. Wish more did that over here.

Amazing ancient stuff as usual, very nice! That ring, as old as it is, looks better than 90% of the ones I dig up here. And coins from the 2nd and 3rd century, my word, I'm all jealous. I wish I had been into detecting when I visited your fine country decades ago. Nicely done. Looks like a good time was had for a good cause. :yes:

Thank you.

Great finds for a great cause!

Thank you.

Great pics of your finds Doug! I had a great time digging with you and the other crazy diggers! Thanks for giving me that awesome ring! My club will enjoy seeing it for sure. My "Edward III farthing" has been reidentified as Henry VIII half penny! :0

Thank you CDR1, it was my pleasure to give you the ring and the buttons.

A small group of us went back last Saturday to the same fields, the total numbers of rings was increased to around 7 with Mike P. finding another gold ring bringing the total of gold rings found to 4.

Off topic, you experienced our typical English summer weather on your few days up in London with my wife. .......:yes:

Once again, AMAZING!

Thank you.

Nice finds Doug! The span of age is incredible on your finds over there. Thanks for supporting an organization like that. Wish more did that over here.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom