A Silver Celebration on the 4th.

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got out early this morning to a site I have hunted a lot over the years. Not much left for signals but what was there was deep and pretty good. Dug less than twenty plugs in my 4 hours in the field with only 73 cents in clad to go with 7 Wheat's and 3 Silvers. The big dig was a pocket spill that contained 2 Wheat's and the Rosie. All the digs were at least 8 inches down and every signal was welcome as swinging the 17 in coil to silence is not good for a aching shoulder. Anyway hope all have a safe and happy 4th. Jack

Attachments

• 7-4-17 .jpg
    7-4-17 .jpg
    77 KB · Views: 361
  • 7-4-17 1.jpg
    7-4-17 1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 360
NICE Trapper! It is amazing that even to this day it's not only possible to find silver, but it's possible to find multiple silvers in one hunt! I'm sure that back in "the day" it was an expectation to have a pocketful of silver but it's tough going now! Only the most persistent and well tuned brain will have a hope today...and I know you're at least persistent!;)
Congrats on a great effort on what was a broiler of a day!

Very nice hunt!!! Silver always makes it well worth it
Thank you Vic, you totally right Silver does make things really good and worth it.
NICE Trapper! It is amazing that even to this day it's not only possible to find silver, but it's possible to find multiple silvers in one hunt! I'm sure that back in "the day" it was an expectation to have a pocketful of silver but it's tough going now! Only the most persistent and well tuned brain will have a hope today...and I know you're at least persistent!;)
Congrats on a great effort on what was a broiler of a day!
Your right Kevin it was dam hot out there. Went back to that school in Delevan again. They have fenced off the playground and entrances since we were there last. Could only hunt the ball fields in back in total sun and cooked. Swinging that big coil without a lot of signals wore me out. Was all done hunting by 10:30 and ringing wet. Met a local guy out there when I arrived using a ATPro. Real nice fellow. He said the grounds were picked over pretty good and he left within 10 minutes of my arrival. Trapper

That's a great Independence Day hunt! Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on the hunt Trap . And the sweet silver ! Went back to that first rainy ball park this morning for an hour or so . Squeezed out 2 dimes a buff and 17 cents . Did get out tonight with Bert and snagged Nother merc wile scouting a spot after hitting the second ball park we went to Sunday . Glad you had a great weekend .
HH , Dew

That's a great Independence Day hunt! Congrats.
Appreciate your reply Jerry. It was a darn nice Independence Day.
Congrats on the hunt Trap . And the sweet silver ! Went back to that first rainy ball park this morning for an hour or so . Squeezed out 2 dimes a buff and 17 cents . Did get out tonight with Bert and snagged Nother merc wile scouting a spot after hitting the second ball park we went to Sunday . Glad you had a great weekend .
HH , Dew
Thanks Brad for the reply and again for the hunt on Sunday. Glad to see that you and Bret got out and enjoyed this day. You just have to keep tied with me on The Silver coin count. Trapper

I feel ya on swinging that big coil to silence. More than once I've dug change out of my pocket and tossed it on the ground just to be sure something wasn't wrong with my CTX!

Thanks Brad for the reply and again for the hunt on Sunday. Glad to see that you and Bret got out and enjoyed this day. You just have to keep tied with me on The Silver coin count. Trapper[/QUOTE]

Thanks Trap , just happy to snag some keepers . I like to keep a little threashold hum in the back ground to break the silence . Not an option on the ctx? 0h well .. back to the grind today .
HH , Dew

I feel ya on swinging that big coil to silence. More than once I've dug change out of my pocket and tossed it on the ground just to be sure something wasn't wrong with my CTX!
I guess I can use that trick in the future Caddy. I have a torn rotater in the shoulder and when I don't get enough signals it becomes a real pain.
Thanks Trap , just happy to snag some keepers . I like to keep a little threashold hum in the back ground to break the silence . Not an option on the ctx? 0h well .. back to the grind today .
HH , Dew
Don't over do it at the grind maybe we can set something up this coming weekend with Mike.
WOW! Is all I got to say. Congrats!
Appreciate you reply. What is a Mud Whale?
I can't wait to try out that mammoth coil, nice job Jack! Love when a coin spill included some silver.
Thanks Jeff, The coil has reopened a lot of sites for us guys here in Wisconsin. For me its about finding enough time to take advantage of it. Jack

A mud whale is ME!!! Often I just hunt the dry land but I most often find myself finding stuff mostly in mud or wetish ground. LOL!!! I am often covered with mud....

A mud whale is ME!!! Often I just hunt the dry land but I most often find myself finding stuff mostly in mud or wetish ground. LOL!!! I am often covered with mud....
A great explanation and I totally understand as I have worn my share of dirt and mud in this hobby.
Nice job on the pair of Mercs and the Rosie...some well earned silvers!
Thanks Bruce. I can honestly say these were well earned. Bet I lost 5 pounds melting out there. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom